Tupelocon 2023: Road Crew Report

Share the latest tales of magic and mayhem from your Road Crew games! Hash over recruitment strategy and all that, too. DCC, MCC, DCC Lankhmar, Xcrawl Classics... All your Road Crew talk goes here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

stbelthamel
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Tupelo Sports Cards

Tupelocon 2023: Road Crew Report

Post by stbelthamel »

Greetings all,
I am a Judge here in Tupelo, Mississippi. I got the opportunity to run some games for my local convention. I was able to run three games over the whole weekend, I ran The Accursed heart of the world ender first and it went really well. One player sought to search the temple for information on the family history of the sacred bloodline. His search went poorly but I had the Grand Wazir approach him and give him the scroll that would help hinder Gorflagratior. The players had a lot of fun with the mutation table. We had more than one player come away with a third arm. One character turned into a hobgoblin and he was rather excited at this prospect but later that particular PC met an untimely demise. We had a few casualties, one Fumbled and met a cruel fate at the end of his own pitchfork. Another was killed by one of lord Featherstone's thugs. The third died from an acid bath. I did have to curtail an encounter (I removed the templar ambush) because of time constraints but the crew had a blast overall. The second group ran through The tower out of time. Let me tell you, the players were great but they suffered some of the worst set of rolls and it was very difficult to get through the first encounter. I ended up letting them pass by the apemen (the cleric attempted to calm them and they passed by without threatening them) I let it fly because they had taken quite a beating from the green spitters. They were very smart about the hallway trap. They managed to jam the trap door with a crowbar, then barricaded the entrance chest high with barrels and chucked a rat at the pressure plate to set off the trap with everyone at a safe distance. Overall everyone had fun even if the dice rolls were not cooperating. The third session on sunday was tower out of time as well, I had players return from the first session on saturday and wanted to let them try a higher lvl experience. This time the players were rolling fire and my rolls were terrible I had like six nat 1's. At any rate they absolutely handled all the combats. The only thing they did poorly was the trap. I think their great combat abilities emboldened them and made them charge recklessly up the ramp. Nobody died but they did come out singed. But everyone had a blast. The experience was great alot of the players had been in my DCC sessions from two years prior and specifically sought me out to sit at my table, which was a great feeling. I wish I had more opportunities and time to do this at conventions. At any rate it was a great time I am including pictures of the three groups. I did have a number of newcomers as well. One young lad told me he wanted to play dnd but had no friends. I did my best to encourage him and told him sometimes you just have to rope people into coming along for the ride. My friend Katie was there and I told him how she and I have been playing together for years after becoming friends in High School.
Cheers,
Judge Ike

Return to “Road Crew Reports”