Random God Names: Is Hesset from Leibers stories?

Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar setting, home to the legendary Fafhrd and Gray Mouser, is the first officially licensed setting for the DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragartan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Random God Names: Is Hesset from Leibers stories?

Post by ragartan »

Hi Lankhmar fans,

for all the Random Gods from Table 1-13 in the City of the Black Toga I find references in Leibers stories, except Hesset. Is this a truly random name or does anyone happen to know more about it?

Kind Regards,
Alexander
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Random God Names: Is Hesset from Leibers stories?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hisvet let up Threesie's head to breathe. “Lovely,” she told her. “Your scream came down my throat. It tasted like divine spice.” Then, “Excellent, Foursie,” she called. “Stay on your toes, girl."

Threesie cried, “Hesset help me,” invoking the Lankhmar moon goddess. “Make her stop, demoiselle, I'll do anything."

Hisvet said, “Hush, girl. Hesset give you courage,” and pulled down her head again, stifling her cries against her waiting lips. Her other hand pressed back on the maid's knees.

- The Curse of the Smalls and the Stars
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ragartan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ragartan »

Thank you very much. Turns out the english bundle here in Germany contains only the first six books. So I had no Knight and Knaves to check - yet ;-)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ragartan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:37 am Thank you very much. Turns out the english bundle here in Germany contains only the first six books. So I had no Knight and Knaves to check - yet ;-)
You are very welcome!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “DCC Lankhmar”