Looking for a game

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

notreallyhere1979
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Hobby town

Looking for a game

Post by notreallyhere1979 »

Well,
Title says it all was looking for some pbp dcc goodness. Here or anywhere really.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Looking for a game

Post by GnomeBoy »

I'm intending to run something here on this board, but I think I need to wait until after Spawn of Cyclops Con for the free headspace in which to do it. Sooo... does early March work for you?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
notreallyhere1979
Ill-Fated Peasant

Sounds good by me. Haven't got to play anything in so long a month is nothing to wait
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Twenty-Sided Store

Post by dustle »

GnomeBoy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 am I'm intending to run something here on this board, but I think I need to wait until after Spawn of Cyclops Con for the free headspace in which to do it. Sooo... does early March work for you?
I'd be into this. I've been a DCC Judge for about a year and a half, but I haven't really had much chance to play.
notreallyhere1979
Ill-Fated Peasant

Sad player noises
Bidubo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Bidubo »

notreallyhere1979 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:42 am Sounds good by me. Haven't got to play anything in so long a month is nothing to wait
Same here, I need to get back to playing
Hi
King of Elfland
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Top Tier Boardgames

Post by King of Elfland »

I'm up for it if anything ever gets going. I've judged for novice gamers but not actually been a player for DCC. But I've been playing D&D since 1981, never moving beyond 1st edition or its retroclones. DCC is as hip & modern as I'm willing to go.
"The voices sound deadly
Sometimes I hear
Echoes of Empire
Spread Throughout the Skies"---Blue Oyster Cult
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by dustle »

I just ended a PbP campaign that I ran for about a year and a half on Discord. I had about eight steady players, and I tried out a lot of different play-styles, starting with just running some small dungeon modules but eventually trying to make it a bigger campaign that built on the lore of what the players came up with. Anyway, it's over now. The story reached a natural end, some of the players are moving, having kids, etc. If anyone is interested, I think I learned a lot in what makes a PbP game work, and I'd be up for running something new. My last game was using straight DCC with some minor modifications (group initiative, for instance, worked well for PbP). I have my own more heavily modded ruleset that I'd love to try, but I'm also happy just running something with straight DCC rules. I'm thinking of something very dungeon-crawly this time, with keeping track of light sources and rations being just as important as playing your character. PM me if interested.
Dominion451
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Brookhurst Hobbies

Post by Dominion451 »

Hey all, new to this site but have been gaming since '91 and PbP since 2012. I play on other sites but DCC is a favorite of mine and I'd love to join a crawl here on GG.
ElectricPaladin
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Games of Berkeley

Post by ElectricPaladin »

I'd love to be involved in a play by post. I've never played this kind of game in this format before but I'd love to give it a go!
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by dustle »

I have a game just getting started on Discord. It's not using DCC, exactly, though. More of a homebrew that has some DCC in its veins. DM me if interested.

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”