Doom of the Savage Kings geometry conundrum - Spoiler alert!

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Carrot
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Scenic City Game Emporium

Doom of the Savage Kings geometry conundrum - Spoiler alert!

Post by Carrot »

I've been running Doom of the Savage Kings and have been having a great time killing L1 PCs. So far the toll is at 1 Halfling, 1 cleric, and 1 Warrior!

the players discovered the hidden chimney in the vents and the chamber above. I was then struck by a curious conundrum. As I described the wolfspear and its length (I decided 7-8 feet), one of the players said "how big is that vent tunnel again? 2feet? Yeah... we aren't getting that thing out of this room."

I happily cludged on with the PCs spending an hours or so scraping dirt away from the inside corners of the crawlspace, but it was an interesting moment.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Doom of the Savage Kings geometry conundrum - Spoiler alert!

Post by GnomeBoy »

I don't know that the chimney's dimensions are specifically given. Also the entire geometry of the crawlspace is more likely to be rough, and expressly not tight right angles.

It reminds me of the story about the guy that bought the fishing pole, but then wasn't allowed to bring a 6ft object onto the bus to make his way home. He left the bus, bought a box that was 4' by 5' by 1', and packed the fishing pole into it to take on the bus...

I'm sure there's a way to not get mentally stuck on removing the spear without excavating! :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Carrot
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Scenic City Game Emporium

Re: Doom of the Savage Kings geometry conundrum - Spoiler alert!

Post by Carrot »

GnomeBoy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:56 am
I'm sure there's a way to not get mentally stuck on removing the spear without excavating! :mrgreen:
Never miss a chance to make them burn up more precious light sources! :D

The crawlspace is 2x2, so I had to assume the same. Anyway, more of an interesting quirk to ponder than a real issue.

Thanks!

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”