Favorite 0-level funnels run online?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Meadhelm
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Level-Up games in hastings, mn

Favorite 0-level funnels run online?

Post by Meadhelm »

What is your favorite 0-level funnel to run online?

I use roll20, what did you use?
What translated easiest to online play?
What was most challenging?
How did you handle the maps ? (free hand, purchased, created yourself, screenshot PDF)

I am just getting into running roadcrew games, and I have read through many more first level adventures than I have for 0-level funnels.

I ran Portal Under the Stars using Goodman's VTT pack and villager tokens.
The tokens were preety neat, and the map had a really cool style.
Entering 25 pregens was time consuming, but I made a copy of each one to give to the assigned players and archived the original for re-use (I had each of my 3 players roll a d25 each time to pick a char).
Tabarkus
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Bill & Ogre's Games

Re: Favorite 0-level funnels run online?

Post by Tabarkus »

My favorite 0-Level funnel to run online so far is: Sour Spring Hollow (Shudder Mountains). It fits into typical Con time slots of 3-4 hours with little to no modification. I'm still relatively new to DCC and so have only run 4 or 5 funnels online.

I use Fantasy Grounds with voice comms on Discord.

0-Level play online is quite easy to me. I've been playing RPGs online for 7+ years now and using Fantasy Grounds for the last 5 years. I can teach players who are new to both DCC and new to Fantasy Grounds using a 0-Level funnel; trying to run higher level adventures with someone new to both systems is a bit more challenging.

The most challenging task is due to my preference for player maps that have the encounter number indicators removed from the map. So I had to learn the basics of GIMP to remove those while still keeping the cool DCC maps. This is a bit more time consuming than just screen shots but I've enjoyed learning GIMP as well. This and copying over the monster stats. Everything else is just cut and paste.

I use the PDF maps and artwork with the maps copied into GIMP and altered as noted above. I also use TokenTool to create tokens from public domain images online.

One of the very cool things about the DCC ruleset for Fantasy Grounds is a community content creator made an extension (add-on) that creates a zero level character with 1-click, so if you are short on time you can create 25 0-Level characters in about 25 seconds.
Meadhelm
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Level-Up games in hastings, mn

Post by Meadhelm »

Thanks, that 1-click generation sounds pretty cool.
I have heard Shudder Mountains being mentioned as being cool but I don't have any of those modules, would that be included in "DCC #83: The Chained Coffin – Hardcover Edition"?

I think I will stick with Roll20 for now, as it took some persuasion for my normal players to try and learn it, and it seems simpler on the player end for now.
Tabarkus
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Bill & Ogre's Games

Post by Tabarkus »

Yeah the Chained Coffin hardback has 8 relatively short adventures and one decent length adventure included. Yeah I've used both Roll20 and FG, each has pros and cons. FG just fits better with my style of organization and I like its unique features more than Roll20's unique features. They are both very functional systems.
qstor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by qstor »

I've run Attack of the Frawgs on Roll20 and discord in like 4 hours. It's a fun module
"I waste it with my Hackmaster +12" Dave KODT

Twitter: @qstor2

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”