the Chained Coffin HB

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

chall
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: None around

the Chained Coffin HB

Post by chall »

Does the Chained Coffin HB include the Shudder Mountains map that was included in the Box set? If so is it separate or is it printed bound in the book?
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Re: the Chained Coffin HB

Post by Sorn1808 »

I don't have the box set, but there is a big hex map of the Shudder Mountains on the back end pages of the hard back, so no separate map (although it does have the spinner puzzle).
chall
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by chall »

Thank you! I was hoping for a separate poster map of the shudder mountains in the hardback book.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I haven't downloaded my PDF copy yet, but I'm sure that the map is in the PDF copy (which comes along with the book), and that means you could print it out, print out sections you want to show off, etc.... :wink:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
chall
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by chall »

So my hardcover copy arrived today. It looks like they just took the poster map and glued the right side of the map to the inside of the back cover. Not to upsetting as I found a cheap copy of the boxed set to get the map to go with the hardcover.
As far as what i read so far. I love the setting(why I went ahead and spent the extra money on the boxed set). I've always liked wilderness settings but this is something grand. Of course living on the Appalachian plateau all my life and roaming the mountains while hunting leads me a little biased, but the Shudder Mountains will be part of my games for quite awhile in some form.
Now I'm just going to add some adapted local legends, people and places and mix with the setting. I've already got plenty of adventure ideas not related to any of the adventures in the book. Thanks Mr. Curtis!

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”