DCC #84 PERIL ON THE PURPLE PLANET Reprint

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Outsider
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC #84 PERIL ON THE PURPLE PLANET Reprint

Post by Outsider »

I just scored two copies of the original box set and was looking to pick up the three digest adventures, when I noticed this available for pre-order at Gamer Nerdz: https://www.gamenerdz.com/dungeon-crawl ... t-preorder

Retails for $19.99, so it doesn't look like it will be a complete collection like the recent Chained Coffin hardcover. Anyone have any details?
Le Gaming Dude
Gongfarmer
FLGS: The Infinite Mushroom

Re: DCC #84 PERIL ON THE PURPLE PLANET Reprint

Post by Le Gaming Dude »

Do you think a full box reprint will occur timely? I am hesitating to accept teh gouged offers I got from some game board and online salespepople.
Mat Mobile
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: L'abyss

Post by Mat Mobile »

I'm also wishing for a Hardback re-print edition.

I got into DCC after the Kickstarter and right before they sold out. :(

This was also mentioned on Episode 102: Revenge of the Mailbag! It seems as it would be next on the list but nothing has been officially confirmed by GG.

One thing that Judge Jen said in the episode is that a re-print is complicated by the fact that Purple Planet has multiple authors (Chained Coffin is, to my understanding, 100% Michael Curtis). I'm not sure it complicates things that much as all books are a collaboration since they usually have multiple artists/illustrators but I might not fully understand the issue either.

Hoping it works out in 2021! *fingers crossed!*
Outsider
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Outsider »

I always thought the softcover pre-order looked odd; I'd much rather wait for a hardcover collection like we got with The Chained Coffin.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”