Another Amazing Hook

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

King of Elfland
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Top Tier Boardgames

Another Amazing Hook

Post by King of Elfland »

So, as some of you know, I've been sketching out notes and a campaign arc for my "Original Adventurers Reincarnated" idea whereby our original B/X characters from the 1980s get brought back from the dead to save the from a threat that no one alive can handle. I plan on stringing together a bunch of published DCC modules with tie-ins to the meta-plot. The big idea here is that what gets unleashed is simply too tough for anyone alive to handle, so they have to bring back these heroes of yore.

So, last night, I was reading the "Tower of the Black Pearl" adventure and they have the optional ending whereby all Lawful characters in the world above 5th level are killed as a result of what transpires in the module. Damn! That's a perfect setup for what I have planned. I love it when an evil plan comes together.
"The voices sound deadly
Sometimes I hear
Echoes of Empire
Spread Throughout the Skies"---Blue Oyster Cult
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Re: Another Amazing Hook

Post by Bobjester »

Sweet serendipity!

I'm going over the modules I do have right now, scouring them for world/item/NPC information that I can link together.
I don't want to run a traditional "D&D" style campaign, but I do want the players to be able to trace a path from one module to the next.

I only have a handful of modules, and what I've found after reading through most of the 0 level mods so far, I see a couple names in common, set up as very minor & ancillary details like the Ape-Men of Meta-Zothik and Sezrekan, which I see is a patron in the rulebook.

It gives the whole DCC campaign experience a little internal consistency, even though none of it is officially mapped out onto a campaign setting.
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
King of Elfland
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Top Tier Boardgames

Post by King of Elfland »

The good & the bad about the DCC modules tends to be their, well, modularity. Easy to drop them in and/or do one shots but you sometimes need to work in links between them if you want a longer campaign. But I have some of that in mind for what I hope to do, and the "real" campaign will be some ways down the road, especially given that it's going to involve the Dying Earth setting which we won't have for another year or more. But it's already shaping up to be some epic fun as I'm throwing in lots of call-backs to our old adventures.
"The voices sound deadly
Sometimes I hear
Echoes of Empire
Spread Throughout the Skies"---Blue Oyster Cult
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

I picked up the DCC Day 2021 Adventure Pack. It has 3 adventures in it, and the 2nd one is a Dying Earth adventure, "Fathoms Below Witch Isle". I haven't read it all yet, but it says it is compatible with DCC characters, and that tells me that DCC:DE will have its own classes & races!

As far as working the links in, you aren't kidding!
I haven't even given all of the modules I have a thorough read yet!
I've only glanced & skimmed through them, so now I am scouring them (finally) & taking notes to use in a campaign setting & map.

The setting background is going to be a fantasy treatment of pre-20th century Siberia/Russia, but will hardly be recognizable when I get done with it. (Except the freezing winters & fanatical religious cults!) :lol:
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”