Pimp my campaign

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mithras
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Imp's Shop in Ulm

Pimp my campaign

Post by Mithras »

My players obtained the gold from the cannibal kingdom and the Black pearl of Szeszrekan, now they want to trade the Gold in easy transportable goods in an east african Port City. They will barter with a mage for this and he is aware that they have the pearl. What will he exchange for it? The party consist of 8 PC + Hemchmen and they already have magical weapons, armer and stuff. They also have a ship. Maybe potions, spells or a new weapon, but what else?

And I struggle to describe the City with the inhabitants. What could make the City special? Any ideas for medieval east african City with lot of mixed cultures in it?
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Re: Pimp my campaign

Post by BaophraT »

They will barter with a mage for this and he is aware that they have the pearl. What will he exchange for it ?
I'm not familiar with Cannibal Kingdom but, having played the Tower of the Black Pearl, I think it would be fairly easy to make the characters dependent on the mage they have to haggle with. After all, the pearl is cursed and attracts the lusts of a number of potentially very powerful enemies. Just when the characters thought they might be in a strong position to barter for the pearl, they actually find that they have to ask him for help (in order to free them from the multiple curses / corruptions caused by holding the pearl).
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !

Return to “Judges' Forum”