the place of the chtulhian myth in DCC !

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

the place of the chtulhian myth in DCC !

Post by BaophraT »

I'm thinking about a special module designed for two characters in my group of players, lost on another plane. To be precise, this will follow the end of the Frozen In Time module. The two characters lost in a jungle with cyclopean ruins are a cleric of Irddail (Lord of the Hunt and Forests) and a warrior who has pledged allegiance to him. From there came the idea of using the Chtulhu myth, which until now was only hinted at or evoked in my game setting. So I reread Realms Of Crawling Chaos, realizing that a certain Michael Curtis is one of the two authors of this supplement for Labyrinth Lord (the other being of course Daniel Proctor). So, I'll be happy to have your views on the subject. And possibly get some links to interesting resources for integrating Lovecraft's gods into DCC. I'm going to try to build a little plot involving Shub-Niggurath, a titanic pyramid in the heart of a ruined city, white apes... and a ticket for the PCs to return to their home world !
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: the place of the chtulhian myth in DCC !

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Many Lovecraftian creatures and patrons were created for Weird Frontiers. If you have that monster of a tome, it is an excellent resource.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Re: the place of the chtulhian myth in DCC !

Post by BaophraT »

Thanks for the tip. I used to think that Weird Frontiers wasn't really compatible with DCC but a game with a completely separate system.
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !

Return to “Judges' Forum”