About withdrawal (single) free attack

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

About withdrawal (single) free attack

Post by BaophraT »

I re-read the rule point p95 and I have a question. When a creature / character engaged in combat withdraws, its opponents get a free attack, this is all very clear. But when a creature flees, after a failed morale roll for example, ALL its opponents can spend a free attack against it ?
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: About withdrawal (single) free attack

Post by Raven_Crowking »

If engaged in melee with it, with a weapon ready, the RAW answer is yes.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Post by BaophraT »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:15 am If engaged in melee with it, with a weapon ready, the RAW answer is yes.
That's how I handled it in the last module, for the benefit of the adventurers. However, it's a double-edged sword, because in the other way it can be deadly for the PCs too.
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

BaophraT wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:36 pm
Raven_Crowking wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:15 am If engaged in melee with it, with a weapon ready, the RAW answer is yes.
That's how I handled it in the last module, for the benefit of the adventurers. However, it's a double-edged sword, because in the other way it can be deadly for the PCs too.
Yep.

Unless you are a mid- to high-level warrior, a horde of mooks is more dangerous than most "big" monsters.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Rules discussion”