Phantasmagoria range question

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Dorian
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Miniature Market

Phantasmagoria range question

Post by Dorian »

All,

I just received my copy of Phantasmagoria and noticed that a couple of the weapons have odd ranges. Nuclear pistol for example:
20/10/1930. Why is medium range less than short range? Is this a typo? Also... 1930? That's oddly specific. The more I look at this the more I think it was a mistake. Does anyone have any insight?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Phantasmagoria range question

Post by GnomeBoy »

Good catch.

I'd guess it was a find-and-replace mix-up. Though why the nuclear pistol and the nail gun would have the same range increments, I have no idea.

I would guess 20/40/60 for the pistol, and 10/20/30 for the nail gun (thought maybe the nuclear pistol uses that progression, too).
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Dorian
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Miniature Market

Re: Phantasmagoria range question

Post by Dorian »

GnomeBoy wrote:Good catch.

I'd guess it was a find-and-replace mix-up. Though why the nuclear pistol and the nail gun would have the same range increments, I have no idea.

I would guess 20/40/60 for the pistol, and 10/20/30 for the nail gun (thought maybe the nuclear pistol uses that progression, too).
@Gnomeboy,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will use the ranges that you suggest.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”