ENnies are up!

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

ENnies are up!

Post by Harley Stroh »

Looks like the voting software is finally working!

http://www.ennieawards.com/voting.html

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: ENnies are up!

Post by fathead »

Alright, voted!

Is there a reason that I couldn't find Goodman Games in the fan's choice - publisher vote? Maybe I missed it, but it IS sorted alphabetically, so it shouldn't have been difficult to find...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

voted last night after midnight. :)
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

fathead wrote:Alright, voted!

Is there a reason that I couldn't find Goodman Games in the fan's choice - publisher vote? Maybe I missed it, but it IS sorted alphabetically, so it shouldn't have been difficult to find...
Yeah, I was curious about that as well.....
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

me too.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Yeah. I posted about this on ENWorld. Apparently they got nominated in the nomination thread, but no one seconded it.

:(
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Treebore wrote:Yeah. I posted about this on ENWorld. Apparently they got nominated in the nomination thread, but no one seconded it.

how could they not get another best publisher nomination?
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Sunderstone wrote:
Treebore wrote:Yeah. I posted about this on ENWorld. Apparently they got nominated in the nomination thread, but no one seconded it.

how could they not get another best publisher nomination?
The nominating fans failed to give the second nomination. Unfortunately its as simple as that.
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Treebore wrote: The nominating fans failed to give the second nomination. Unfortunately its as simple as that.
Thats why I dont put much faith into the whole ENnies thing.

Goodman Games seems to be very popular with my players, the forums I visit (necro,paizo, en, etc), my FLGS loves and sold a good amount of Goodman stuff, etc. I just find it odd that with the "immense" list of Publishers listed (and there were a ton to vote for) there wasnt an option to vote Goodman. Yet I saw some publishers that are barely even known.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I'm very disappointed that Goodman Games was not listed as well. I think there was like 37 choices. What would one more hurt? At least most people I know have heard of Goodman Games. Next year we have to make a point of getting GG on the list.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Some one did a search and found a "seconded" post.

Although, even if they change it, there's no point to it. Most die hard fans have already voted and were unable to find Goodman Games on the best publisher link. What can the ENnies do to get it right? Email every IP and tell them to re-vote?

Weak. Goodman robbed by the ENnies again.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:Some one did a search and found a "seconded" post.

Although, even if they change it, there's no point to it. Most die hard fans have already voted and were unable to find Goodman Games on the best publisher link. What can the ENnies do to get it right? Email every IP and tell them to re-vote?

Weak. Goodman robbed by the ENnies again.

There is a "seconded"? So a clerical error? That sucks. Not that I think Goodman would win, but the idea is for everyone to have the chance.

I personally don't like the ENNIES as a "FAn Award", because it really boils down to popularity.

What I do like is the judges do nominate top notch stuff, and I check it out. So its the nominations that matter to me, not who wins. I still vote, just it case it helps my favorite products win.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Yeah...I was worried that GG had been overlooked in that category. Oh well...winning best adventure should help cushion the blow... ;)

Get out da vote!!!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Its fixed go revote.
Those of us that voted before the fix can revote.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Actually, those of us who voted have to revote. It looks like they reset it entirely.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I voted again. Glad they have Goodman up there now.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

While it unlikely that Goodman can win in the Year of the Paizo, it does feel good to at least be able to cast my ballot.
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Just re-voted. ;)
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I feel better now that I was able to vote for my favorite publisher. :D
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:While it unlikely that Goodman can win in the Year of the Paizo, it does feel good to at least be able to cast my ballot.

Ahh, Pathfinder RPG, the edition to switch to if you don't want to switch editions, lol. I'm kind of annoyed that Paizo are trying to act like the good guys by not supporting 4th Edition even though Pathfinder RPG still basically negates the 3.5 core books without tons of house-ruling etc.

Did you see the price of thier Pathfinder Campaign Setting book? $50! That's only $16 dollars less than what I paid for all three of my 4E Core Books. The same people calling WotC crooks are eating this up. :(
Last edited by xredjasonx on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

xredjasonx wrote:
Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:While it unlikely that Goodman can win in the Year of the Paizo, it does feel good to at least be able to cast my ballot.

Ahh, Pathfinder RPG, the edition to switch to if you don't want to switch editions, lol. I'm kind of annoyed that Paizo are trying to act like the good guys, like starving artists who love what they do, by not supporting 4th Edition even though Pathfinder RPG still basically negates the 3.5 core books without tons of house-ruling etc.

Did you see the price of thier Pathfinder Campaign Setting book? $50! That's only $16 dollars less than what I paid for all three of my 4E Core Books. The same people calling WotC crooks are eating this up. :(
Pardon me but you sir are way off.
They arent "acting like good guys". They are serving the gamers not to keen on jumping into 4E for whatever reasons. From the looks of it they are doing very well too.
Have you even read anything Paizo lately (modules, chronicles, APs)? You can tell that they do indeed love what they do.

For the record, Pathfinder RPG rules as they are now dont need a ton of house ruling and seem to work very well for my group (we have implemented some of it into our current campaign which is 3.5). I seriously dont see how anyone sees Pathfinder that far off from 3.5. The rules are still in Beta of course, and even they have stated the final book will have stuff scaled back from the alpha.
It looks like you are more annoyed for Paizo not going 4E in general because that is where you are headed. Im not going 4E either, but I do like Goodman Games DCCs, and Im even sorry I missed some of the DCCs from the past. Heck im still looking for Gazetteer of the Known Realms and am willing to pay big for it. My point is, I still love GG even if Im not buying their 4E stuff.

Second, not everyone paid only $34 for all 3 4E core books. The gift set alone at Amazon is $66 atm (new). Did you buy it used? ebay? or from an unhappy gamer?
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
Sunderstone
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sunderstone »

Also, despite my Paizo preferences, I did indeed vote for Castle Whiterock for Best Adventure over Pathfinder #1 "Burnt Offerings".

I love Burnt Offerings (Im even prepping it now for a late September start), but Castle Whiterock is an entire campaign in one product as opposed to one module. I havent been able to read the entire mammoth boxed set yet but so far I like it alot. Goodman Games does great work and definately deserves it here.
Last edited by Sunderstone on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. Mithriltooth
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Well, we both have different opinions regarding Paizo, and that's fine. I'm not going to elaborate as I've done that enough on the Paizo boards, and I think the GG boards should remain friendly.

Castle Whiterock is very, very cool. Personally I am waiting for a 4E version, but I really like the modules that are up on the coming soon page. I'm going to run the Punjar modules for my group. They are going to play hard up mercenary types which is going to include a minotaur rogue and a tiefling warlock, not sure what the others are going to make yet.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”