DCC's set in the JG Wilderlands Setting

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Olaf the Stout
Ill-Fated Peasant

DCC's set in the JG Wilderlands Setting

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I'm looking at setting some of the DCC's in the Judges Guild's Wilderlands setting. Has anyone tried this already?

If so, what adventures did you put in there and where did you place them?

Olaf the Stout
Steinkel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Steinkel »

We have played Wilderlands and we think is a very good setting. Well, we use some elements of Wilderlands in our own setting, la Marca del Este. For instance, we have only introduced in la Marca de entire state of Viridistan and the City of The Invincible Overlord. We've placed in Viridistan The Golden Palace of Zahadran making some changes. In la Marca, Viridistan is a state emplaced in a desertic environment.

SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

I'm about to start a C&C campaign set in the Wilderlands, using primarily DCC and old 1E modules. I'm starting with 35A and 51.5 to get the group's feet wet, likely set somewhere around Lenap, and then will play it from ear from there.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Savage,

From the little I know about the Wilderlands, that sounds like a great fit. Let us know how the campaign goes.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Garnfellow
Gongfarmer

Re: DCC's set in the JG Wilderlands Setting

Post by Garnfellow »

(apologies for the thread necromancy)

Any suggestions for where to place Castle Whiterock in the Wilderlands?
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

someone should ping James Mishler. he's the king of this sort of thing.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
Steinkel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Steinkel »

Garnfellow wrote:(apologies for the thread necromancy)

Well, I think the Valley of the Ancients is a good site to place it. As you can read in the introduction to the Valley in the Wilderlands map book I, myths tell that the Valley of the Ancients is dotted with ruins, once home to many dragons. It would be better to situate it in the south portion of that region near the south bend of the River of the Ancients.
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

Well, I recently worked up an Adventure Finder map of the Wilderlands for adventures from Judges Guild classics (that's up on the AGP website now); I can probably whip one up for the DCCs set in the Wilderlands. Lemme dig out that map again...
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
Garnfellow
Gongfarmer

Post by Garnfellow »

James Mishler wrote:Well, I recently worked up an Adventure Finder map of the Wilderlands for adventures from Judges Guild classics (that's up on the AGP website now); I can probably whip one up for the DCCs set in the Wilderlands. Lemme dig out that map again...
That would be extremely cool.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

here, here! thank you, James!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
crash_beedo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by crash_beedo »

Garnfellow wrote:(apologies for the thread necromancy)

We've been playing Castle Whiterock for a few months using the Wilderlands setting. In the mountains near the City-State of the Invincible Overlord (just southwest of Thunderhold) is a mountain town named Crucible. I took the town of Cillamar and made it into Crucible. The Tharbian Coast, which is just north of Thunderhold, I put Fastis (the original warlord in charge of Crucible) as a bad guy along the Tharbian Coast. The reason there are refugees fleeing south to my Crucible is because of the depradations of the warlord Fastis. Refugees are a useful sub-story in Cillimar.

It's worked out well, the group is close enough to the big city (The City-State) for magic items and other big city purchases, but otherwise it's mostly dungeon crawls. There is a volcanic peak just south of Crucible on the JG Maps which is a perfect location for the Whiterock volcano.

Right now my group is just about ready to go down to the 4th level - it's a great campaign. Good luck, hope this gives you some ideas.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”