Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Re: Introductions Thread - Join the Band!

Post by Bobjester »

Welcome to the board, AvgMidhamChad!
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Post by BaophraT »

Hello everyone, and welcome to those who have just arrived,

Even though I have been registered on this forum for a while, I didn't take the time to introduce myself, even if only briefly. First of all, please excuse my English, I am from Brittany. I discovered DCC a few years ago, the game is now translated into French, which helps me a lot as a judge. I have been a roleplayer for about 30 years. I have mainly played AD&D (1 & 2), as well as several other games. I immediately loved DCC, I think it was the game I had been dreaming of for a very long time. I developed my own little universe through the modules I played (the Gollewin Barony). I attach great importance to the meaning of names (of places or characters), using other languages, like Welsh for example, without mastering them. I have created several gods and patrons as well. I am a fan of Vance, Moorcock, slow and dark music (Wolves In The Throne Room, Old Tower, Summoning, etc) among others. That's it. You know me better.

I have been very well received here and the wise counsel of many of you has helped me tremendously in improving my DCC practice. So, thank you and I look forward to reading from you !
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

A belated welcome to Baophrat!

I guess I should look to Welsh for names, if your username is an example! ;)

I've been using Latin and other classical languages for names, and have come up with some interesting ones: Vinny Cask and Demir Voss are two of my new pre-generated PCs' names, and two of my favorites.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by BaophraT »

Thanks Bobjester, it's true that the character names you mention sound particularly good. We sometimes underestimate the importance of names, a good sounding name is easier to remember and contributes to a better general atmosphere of the module. On the other hand, the name of my nickname on this forum is a very old name, purely invented !

Among the names I like in those I have cobbled together, I like Honos Moliant (a wizard NPC), Irddail (god of hunting and forests), Gollewin (the name of the barony), or Galanastra (the name of a dark forest in north) [all Welsh].
Bud
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Sentry Box

Post by Bud »

Hello, I'm Bud from Alberta!

I've been rpg'ing since the Moldvay days and have always enjoyed exploring other game systems. I run and play RPG's (including DCC) and wargames with some friends in person and online, and sometimes run a game at the local game store or library.

Other than gaming - I like reading and exploring the old west, playing guitar, fishing and hiking, and road trips.

My most recent DCC character is Ike from Pike, and a recent D&D character is my gnome, Gned Gnederlander.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by BaophraT »

Greetings Bud, I don't know Alberta, and I haven't had the opportunity to travel much but I too was fascinated by the wild west when I was younger. Here you go. Welcome to you, and nice gnome name by the way !
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Bobjester »

Welcome, Bud. B)

Return to “DCC RPG General”