Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 6/21

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bwatford
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 6/24

Post by bwatford »

This thread should be a main link off the goodman games home page.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 6/24

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ogrepuppy wrote:Can we get the new (updated) Thief and Cleric links added to this thread?
Ooh. Good catch.

Anything else I am missing? Added the French sheets.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 9/7

Post by Aplus »

I have people playing a bard and a ranger in my game. Here is what I whipped up for them, in case you want to have a look.

Ranger

Bard
Check out my DCC Resources Page for cool stuff!
8bit-Sorcerer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by 8bit-Sorcerer »

Maybe it's time to create a forum section for house rules and players's alternate settings?
Please be indulgent with my modest english language skills, I'm not a native english speaker.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I suspect that there will be an overhaul when the final product is released. The playtest sections will become obsolete and I'm assuming that they will be closed (but kept around for archive purposes -- good stuff in there) and some new ones like what you suggest will be created.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

8bit-Sorcerer wrote:Maybe it's time to create a forum section for house rules and players's alternate settings?
This might be a good idea. So much of DCC RPG was written towards allowing a great deal tweaking and house ruling, that it would be helpful for folks to see the breadth of alternative all in one space.

(The absolute dork in me has been wanting to run a short, home arc resembling something like this.)

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

FYI, the reference sheets are updated for the final game and are available here:

http://peoplethemwithmonsters.blogspot. ... urces.html
arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 5/11

Post by arcadayn »

Also, Purple Sorcerer has updated their 0 level party generator to include changes in the final release.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

My homemade character sheet
http://highfire.blog.free.fr/public/DCC ... fr-0.6.xls

It's in french but i can easily (re) translate it in english if anyone interested
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Aplus wrote:FYI, the reference sheets are updated for the final game and are available here:

I love this. I'm getting a bunch printed for my gaming group, cons & demos. I really appreciate you making this in "digest" size, which I love. It's easy to read in tablets and can be printed as a booklet (which is the same format at my zines!)

I've made my own cover for it, and I thought I'd share, It includes a PC Gen Cheat Sheet for step by step character generation and I stole that Roslof image I love.

You can download it from my Box.com account here: https://www.box.com/s/3fa66cd9457f6e121371

Print it on some cardstock, fold and staple to Aplus's document and be awesome! Sample thumbnail image attached.
Attachments
Ref Sheets Cover Thumbnail
Ref Sheets Cover Thumbnail
DCCRefsCover.png (65.21 KiB) Viewed 131974 times
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Awesome, Rev! I'll update the OP.

//H

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 5/15

Post by ragboy »

This is not strictly a DCC resource, but this guy has got a great site -- he's using OD&D or a mix of various D&D's, but he's definitely in the DCC camp for original (semi-original/reskinned) monsters and Lovecraftian setting.

Main site: http://dreamsinthelichhouse.blogspot.com/
Bestiary for his Black City Campaign: http://dreamsinthelichhouse.blogspot.co ... tiary.html
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by arcadayn »

reverenddak wrote:
Aplus wrote:FYI, the reference sheets are updated for the final game and are available here:

I love this. I'm getting a bunch printed for my gaming group, cons & demos. I really appreciate you making this in "digest" size, which I love. It's easy to read in tablets and can be printed as a booklet (which is the same format at my zines!)

I've made my own cover for it, and I thought I'd share, It includes a PC Gen Cheat Sheet for step by step character generation and I stole that Roslof image I love.

You can download it from my Box.com account here: https://www.box.com/s/3fa66cd9457f6e121371

Print it on some cardstock, fold and staple to Aplus's document and be awesome! Sample thumbnail image attached.
Kick-ass cover Rev! Thanks for sharing!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

ragboy wrote:This is not strictly a DCC resource, but this guy has got a great site -- he's using OD&D or a mix of various D&D's, but he's definitely in the DCC camp for original (semi-original/reskinned) monsters and Lovecraftian setting.

Main site: http://dreamsinthelichhouse.blogspot.com/
Bestiary for his Black City Campaign: http://dreamsinthelichhouse.blogspot.co ... tiary.html
Nice! I'll add to the OP and we can start collecting similar resources.

//H

reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

arcadayn wrote:Kick-ass cover Rev! Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome... Thank Roslof (RIP) for such an iconic illustration.

and here's what it looks like printed...
Attachments
Reference Sheets in a box!
Reference Sheets in a box!
boxofrefsheets.jpg (69.29 KiB) Viewed 131886 times

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Very sweet!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by arcadayn »

That's funny that you used yellow paper. I printed my reference sheets on goldenrod in homage to the Greyhawk reference sheets (which were actually orange - http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpages/dm.html ). Colored paper just screams old school to me.
Aplus
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Aplus »

The cover is fantastic, and I'm really glad I was too lazy to make one, because I couldn't have made it that awesome.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Those booklets look great!

Harley... Do you think that the 0 level index card jpg I posted should be on this Thread too?
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Doh! Great catch, Rev.

Let me know if there are other resources kicking around that I've missed.

//H

arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 5/21

Post by arcadayn »

Steven Thivierge pointed out to me that the official cleric character sheet still has the beta progression for lay on hands.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

An awesome collection of tables, well organized. The problem is that I can't figure out how to print pages in the order so that when I fold them it makes a booklet. :?

Adobe must be smarter than I am. :oops:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

finarvyn wrote:An awesome collection of tables, well organized. The problem is that I can't figure out how to print pages in the order so that when I fold them it makes a booklet. :?

Adobe must be smarter than I am. :oops:
Look for some printer settings, usually found where you can set up multiple pages on one page. There should be a setting called Booklet. If your printer can do Duplex/double-sided printed, make sure you're set for "head to head" not "head to toe". If you're not capable of duplex printing, print out the ODD pages first, then print out the EVEN pages on their backs. this might take some experimenting to get everything right. The biggest challenge is to figure out which way to orientate the pages after printing out one side. Good luck! Every printer does things a bit different.

dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

reverenddak wrote:Look for some printer settings, usually found where you can set up multiple pages on one page. There should be a setting called Booklet. If your printer can do Duplex/double-sided printed, make sure you're set for "head to head" not "head to toe". If you're not capable of duplex printing, print out the ODD pages first, then print out the EVEN pages on their backs. this might take some experimenting to get everything right. The biggest challenge is to figure out which way to orientate the pages after printing out one side. Good luck! Every printer does things a bit different.
In the "Booklet" setting (under "Scaling Type"), choose "Front", then "Back" sides. Odd and even won't work.

It came out great when I did it (and I also used your cover, Rev). We used it a lot at our last session.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Links to DCC RPG Resources, updated 5/29

Post by finarvyn »

Maybe someone could "print" in booklet format only to another PDF instead of to the acutal printer. I can't find a pamphlet or booklet setting for my printer, but it's pretty old.

I'd like to print up a bunch of these for Free RPG day handouts. :D
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC RPG General”