I am excited about Crime Pays

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Cugel
Gongfarmer

Re: I am excited about Crime Pays

Post by Cugel »

I've integrated Crime Pays into my campaign world's megacity. Great book! We're just starting to delve into the mob's shenanigans after some introductory material to phase the PCs into control of a mob.

A question that's arisen: how do the PCs acquire holdings and networks? Is it simply a matter of paying the upkeep, or is there an initial crime action, in-game PC action required? Or is it best added to the recruitment phase?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Cugel,

Thank you for the questions! I'm glad that CP is working out for your game.

Re: Holdings and networks. You should feel free to dial up the PCs' involvement only if it benefits the game. If it is a fun hook, with potential for drama, by all means have the PCs coordinate the work themselves. But if it's just record keeping, and you have other, intriguing adventures in the loop, by all means handwave the setup and assume that the mob's lower echelons are taking care of the details.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Now that the 4E craze has come and gone, any chance that CRIME PAYS could be released as a system-free book or maybe 5E compatible?

I just read THE GODFATHER and am in a mood to run a mafia style game. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “4E Products”