any new adventures?

Don’t just crawl through dungeons... make them sorry they ever met you!

Moderators: finarvyn, Luke Johnson

bigznak
Ill-Fated Peasant

any new adventures?

Post by bigznak »

Hi,
I have now bought all 4 wicked fantasy adventures. I am setting up a campaign that might start this summer. I was wondering if there are any plans to make any higher level adventures done by wicked fantasy? I love the throwdown with the arm-ripper adventure, and would like to continue with any further adventures.

Thanks for the help,
Chris
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: any new adventures?

Post by goodmangames »

Hi Chris,

The WFF line will indeed continue. There's going to be a bit of an interruption for 4E and then you'll see more of them.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

WF is going 4E
that is a shame from my point of view.
hopefully the other purchasers like that.

Thanks for the great products so far
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by joela »

goodmangames wrote:Hi Chris,

The WFF line will indeed continue. There's going to be a bit of an interruption for 4E and then you'll see more of them.
Coolio. Will they be higher level?
What do you mean no?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

gahhh

ok I said to myself I would buy no 4E products

Hopefully I will be able to retrofit these into 3.0/d20Modern/Pathfinder

Curse you Foiled again
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

retro

Post by joela »

tadk wrote:gahhh

ok I said to myself I would buy no 4E products

Hopefully I will be able to retrofit these into 3.0/d20Modern/Pathfinder

Curse you Foiled again
why? just make it easier on yourself and come over to the 4E side... :twisted:

kidding aside, goodman mentioned providing free conversion pdfs for their 3.x dccs which go on sale later this year. and over at the paizo boards, many folks promise to post conversion stuff for pathfinder even if, officially, the company stays with its new ogl rpg.

d20 modern, though, hmmm. not familiar with its boards. do you want to wait until the 4e modern srd is released later this year/next year?
What do you mean no?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

Hi there

Well d20 Modern is a slimmed up 3.0 to me.
I never went to 3.5 got too annoyed at the whole way it seemed to come about.
I have no need for a new miniatures game, so why fork over the money for 4E as that is how it looks from here
With no gaming group of my own, I just buy stuff I like, that appeals to me. So far, art work, core "setting" feel, change in focus to a more Console RPG feel, I have no interest at all in 4E.

Now how the Modern version of it will look, I am not sure.
Perhaps it will have some appeal, but then again I recently got Spycraft 2.0 so why the heck do I need a 3rd ruleset, when in reality I can whip up my Hero System rulebook and have all I need in hand.

Coming to the point of very diminishing returns for my cash.
So anything Steampunk/Victoriana/Still heavy into Horror/and a few select others.
But 4E, not even a 4.0 but 4E, total break with the past.

for 3.0 from WOTC I got the PHB, MM, DMG, d20 Modern, d20 Past, and I think 2 or 3 Dragons and no Dungeons
Spend some cash on other producs from Scarred Lands, most all of the Iron Kingdoms over to Etherscope, all the hardcopies of Signs and Portents, and other stuff.

But 4E wont do it for me.

btw I have all 4 of the WF modules.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Steampunk/Victoriana

Post by joela »

tadk wrote: So anything Steampunk/Victoriana....
Have you seen Steampunk Musha?
What do you mean no?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

Heard about it. I would like to check out a copy before plunking down the cash.

A poster on these forums, MadEd, is a fan of the setting and system and he first made me aware of it.
mxyzplk
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mxyzplk »

I agree, forget 4e and get some more of these puppies out!
vagen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by vagen »

I'm going to make a very unpopular statement. I like 4E. I think a lot of the ideas really streamlined the game. And I look forward to some WFF products in 4th. I think they've very much set themselves up to work into WFF as a system the inclusion of minions who all have 1 hp and the special rule that if you miss you do 0 damage making them a kill it or miss it mob is very well done personally. I really can't wait to see how WFF will do killing blows and the big Boss resurrection in the new rules.

That said even if they still print in 3 or 3.5 for that matter I'd still buy them. I love these modules, they're far too much fun not play.
For the Glory!
For the Money!
For theFun!!!
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

My group has the same praise for 4E after reading the core books. However I am an old guy and It just doesn't sound like D&D to me. It sounds like a whole new system that had the D&D name pasted on the cover. As soon as my group wraps up a Deadlands adventure that we played while waiting for the core books I will give it a try. I will try with all my heart to have an open mind because I love this game but I will not be surprised if I hate it. I think I might be in the process of turning into an old fart who will stubbornly resist change of any kind. :wink:
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
vagen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by vagen »

I agree with you that it looks a lot diferent in feel and style, however I've always felt that D&D wasn't the rules you played by but the setting and story you told. I'm looking forward to trying the new system to see how it works and then see what comes from there
For the Glory!
For the Money!
For theFun!!!
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Joe's Ogre Cave interview talks about 4E and WFF a little bit at one point. Check it out.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Return to “Wicked Fantasy Factory”