8th world

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

velvetlinedbox
Ill-Fated Peasant

8th world

Post by velvetlinedbox »

I am getting ready to run DCC#2 and was wondering what is the 8th world?
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

i have the same question, but i don't think it has been detailed yet
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Is it four worlds after Jack Kirby's Fourth World?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
stripes
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: 8th world

Post by stripes »

[quote="velvetlinedbox"]I am getting ready to run DCC#2 and was wondering what is the 8th world?[/quote]

It isn't really detailed anywhere, so it can be anything you want it to be (so long as it isn't very pleasant). You might want to look at "area 3-8" for a little inspiration, and maybe 2-18.

Personally I just "winged it" whenever it came up, and it went fine for me & my group (we just finished it last week). There are only a few times the players see much about it, and I figured if anyone had high enough spellcraft or some similar knowledge skill I could give them somewhat less vague rumors, and with the general lack of such skills in my group I got away with very vague (and sometimes conflicting) half remembered rumors and bits of info.

In fact the only times it came up was in a library and in the final room.

They spent more time trying to figure out what was up with the creepy shadows, and how the plants in 3-1 are related to the living room of 3-2 (they aren't, but I decided to let them be, since the PCs spent a lot of time figuring out how to "kill the room" and put a real end to the trees)

P.S. it was a great adventure. Tons of fun.

Oh, and are you "just" running #2 or did you get the Dragon Cult Saga to tie it into the savage kings and the sunless garden?

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”