Fitting 35A Halls of the Minotaur into Aereth

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

donm61873
Ill-Fated Peasant

Fitting 35A Halls of the Minotaur into Aereth

Post by donm61873 »

OK... my players have finished #35A, and the question is where to go next...

My idea was to go either into one of the Adventure Paths, or into Saga of the Dragon Cult... It seems that #35A really leads into Tzathsar Rao, but I have one BIG problem with Saga of the Dragon Cult...

The Sunless Garden was the first DCC mod I ever bought, and I've used it for my previous campaign.

Suggestions are VERY welcome for:
1. Where to go from 35A to lead into Tzathsar Rao? My thought was that the village elders sent them to Hath Hall to have the Eye of Tzathsar examined by more knowledgeable folk, and to take the body of Sir Galwaith back to the Knights of the Silver Marches... and so from Hath Hall our young villagers will be drug into Crieste.
2. What to substitute for Sunless Garden in the Saga of the Dragon Cult series?

Campaign stuff:
The GM's Guide to Aereth only lists three regional feats -- has anyone put together a stronger list? Also, if anyone has fleshed out the various deities and more of the Northlands.
Finally, are there other detailed maps of the Northlands like in Saga of the Dragon Cult? That map finally helped me figure out where things were...

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Don,

I think you're on the right track. Halls definitely ties into Tsathazar Rho cleanly. As for skipping over Sunless Garden, you could drop in the Sunken Zig. instead, if you were willing to move the location of the adventure. It even has a dragon skull! And sweet 3D mapping here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1346

The main crux is that you need some cultists setting free the spirit of Pyraxus. Pretty much any adventure can serve this purpose, even Vault of the Thief Lord, if you nudge up the power levels a little. (Also, Vault might be a nice break, with all its traps. A different sort of adventure from the combat of Savage Kings.)
Last edited by Save Vs. Death Ray on Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Fitting 35A Halls of the Minotaur into Aereth

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

donm61873 wrote: Finally, are there other detailed maps of the Northlands like in Saga of the Dragon Cult? That map finally helped me figure out where things were....
Nope. You have the most detailed map that has been released (outside of what unpublished maps might be lurking in the Goodman Games dungeon). But maybe is enough of us clamor for the maps, we'll get to see more detail in Aereth.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”