Shardsfall Questions

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Shardsfall Questions

Post by LVSUBARU »

Let me start by saying the Shardsfall quest is great. It's a very good "tour" of Highpoint's major groups. I plan on using it to start my own Dragonmech campaign.
First question is about the map of the first lunar temple. Area 15 is not listed in the desciptions. And area 13 is not on the map. I assume it's a typo and area 15 is area 13.
I am also confused by the description of area 7 on page 11. It says, "The only ooze still living lies in the chamber that formerly connected to area 13." Is area 7 suposed to be conected to area 15 on the map?
The last question is about "Traveling Encounters" for episode three on page 28. It says to refer to "Map Three: Journey to the Legion". I do not see the map in the book.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the Mech Manual.
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Shardsfall Questions

Post by Ken Hart »

Glad you liked it!
LVSUBARU wrote:First question is about the map of the first lunar temple. Area 15 is not listed in the desciptions. And area 13 is not on the map. I assume it's a typo and area 15 is area 13.
I am also confused by the description of area 7 on page 11. It says, "The only ooze still living lies in the chamber that formerly connected to area 13." Is area 7 suposed to be conected to area 15 on the map?
You are correct. The area is 13, not 15, and the map should have indicated a gap (leading to the chasm) showing that the chamber and area 13 had been connected before the crash. (Our original sketch was on target, but lunar reconstruction must have altered the map before publication.)
LVSUBARU wrote:The last question is about "Traveling Encounters" for episode three on page 28. It says to refer to "Map Three: Journey to the Legion". I do not see the map in the book.
Hmmm, something that was lost in transition. Sorry about that.
LVSUBARU wrote:Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the Mech Manual.
I think you'll be happy. :D

--Ken Hart, Editor
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Sorry about that! It's always the dumb mistakes that make it through. Ken already covered these, but I thought I'd add one more thing about the missing overland map. It is indeed a mistake, though in the opposite direction of what you may expect. I took out map three because I didn't think it was really needed. I should have taken out the reference as well. You can get all the terrain info and travel time you need from the descriptions of encounters B-D on pages 29-32. Truth be told, I played the module without a detailed terrain map, and was going to add one in for purposes of publication but figured it didn't really need one since the PCs are basically following tracks in a straight line. If you really want a map, you can use the one on page 147 of DragonMech. Start the adventure with the first lunar meteor about 100 miles north Edge, and about 40-50 miles west of the cliffs. The journey to the second lunar meteor is more or less N-NE from there, to end up even closer to the cliff (right on the border of Legion-Stenian territory). The journey to the Irontooth areas then basically traces the cliffside generally northward for most of its length.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

Thanks!

Return to “DragonMech”