Blackmoor Fiction Serial

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Save Vs. Death Ray

Blackmoor Fiction Serial

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

The Zeitgeist Games site is hosting a fiction series set in Dave Arneson's Blackmoor! Part one is up now, with more on the way. Part fiction, part world exposition, part gaming material.

Check it out:
A Night in Maus
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

I hope you like "A Night in Maus." It was an enormous priviledge to write for Blackmoor. All my old Greyhawk games featured Blackmoor, so getting to see the Arneson's vision come to light is like discovering a lost land.

If you like the story, check out The Redwood Scar. It has been getting rave reviews from gamers and industry-folks alike!
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

Thanks Harley for the pitch for Redwood Scar :twisted:

But seriously, "A Night in Maus" is an excellent fiction serial for Blackmoor. Harley did a great job in writing it and keeping the energy high and the suspense tight. I am one of the few people lucky enough to read the entire serial all the way to its conclusion already, and it's got an ending like you'd never believe!!!
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Harley's Mausification

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Let me second that. "A Night In Maus" is great. Sure, I'm a friend of the author but the combat descriptions in Part Two and the bantering in Part One was just good solid writing. The pacing is great for short stories.

And now I want a clockwork arm. :wink:
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Harley's Mausification

Post by Black Knight »

Jeff LaSala wrote:And now I want a clockwork arm. :wink:
Check out the Complete Guide to Drow for some clockwork items (sorry, shameless plug there).
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.

Re: Harley's Mausification

Post by Guest »

Black Knight wrote:[Check out the Complete Guide to Drow for some clockwork items (sorry, shameless plug there).
Hehehehehe...especially since Jeff will be getting the Company discount in about 6 months or so. :twisted:
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I just have to say... I love "Save Vs. Death Ray" as an online handle. That's classic. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Save Vs. Death Ray

:) :) :)

What was the argument? That there would be so many death rays that they deserved a save category all their own? :)

God bless Gary and all that contact poison.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

goodmangames wrote:I just have to say... I love "Save Vs. Death Ray" as an online handle. That's classic. :)
It would be a great name for a band, too. :)
Save Vs. Death Ray

Part III is up!
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

And it's the best of the the three-part series, too. Raise your hand if you want Harley to write more for Blackmoor...

Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Here, here!

I would like to see something a little longer too...these characters have so much story behind them. DA Blackmoor novella anyone?
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

More Blackmoor fiction, over in DABlackmoor.com this time:

http://www.dablackmoor.com/MMRPG/module ... load&cid=2

The story seems parallel with the MMRPG Bloodwind modules. Does anyone know why they took down the other serials?

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”