Dungeon Alphabet Sells Out...Again!

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Dungeon Alphabet Sells Out...Again!

Post by goodmangames »

The Dungeon Alphabet has sold out -- again! The second printing is now out of stock at the Goodman Games warehouse. You may still be able to find a copy sitting on a retailer's shelf if you act fast.

Congratulations to author Michael Curtis for a standout resource that continues to interest gamers two years after its release. And kudos to all the artists who helped bring the manuscript to life!

We're working on a revised and potentially expanded third printing. Not hugely expanded, mind you - part of the charm of the original book is its succinct utility. But Mike and I do have some great ideas for making the third printing even more interesting. More to come... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
blindelf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Dungeon Alphabet Sells Out...Again!

Post by blindelf »

I'm hoping for a third printing without the "Nice Price" graphic on the front and spine.

Either way I'll be picking up my third copy if it's revised in any manner...bought 2 copies
when I first laid eyes on it so as to give one as a gift.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew. 8)

Awesome that we have a double sell-out. :D
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

finarvyn wrote:Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew.
Im in ur house stealin ur b00kz :D
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Any update on when this might be available? I just checked Amazon and there were a couple copies available... for $999. !?!?!
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

I think Joseph will have an announcement RE: the 3rd printing of the Dungeon Alphabet in the coming week, so hold on a little longer. Suffice to say, it will be a little cheaper than the current rate on Amazon!
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

michaelcurtis wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew.
Im in ur house stealin ur b00kz :D
Why would you steal mine if you wrote it? :lol:

Unless (1) you want to scam me into buying another one, or (2) you don't have a copy of your own book.

Seriously, #2 actually happened to me when I wrote the S&W:WB rules set. I never got a comp copy and the first run sold out. I had to go out and buy a copy of my own book used. :P
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

One thing I hate about the niche aspect of our hobby is that so many of these books end up becoming collectors items. I recently discovered the White Box and just as quickly discovered it's basically impossible to buy now.

Damn it, people!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Dungeon Alphabet is a great book, and I am glad I got in before the first print sold out! Moreover, I am glad that this continues to sell out its print runs, because you guys deserve the benefits of a job very well done!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I ordered this a while back, anybody have any ideas on when it might ship? Just curious.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

funkaoshi wrote:One thing I hate about the niche aspect of our hobby is that so many of these books end up becoming collectors items. I recently discovered the White Box and just as quickly discovered it's basically impossible to buy now.

Damn it, people!
Also, I'm considering selling off my 0e and 1e books. I have a 5th printing white box with all the supplements and a 3rd printing (I think) Chainmail booklet... if I were to get a good offer on it, I'd probably let it go to a friendly home. I don't foresee myself ever wanting to play 0e really, and I'd rather sink the money into lego minis and modules. PM me if you're still looking for this. I've also got some old printings (3rds I think) of 1e PH, DMG, MM, Deities & Demigods (with Cthulhu!), Fiend Folio. Willing to part with them as well for the right price.
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up buying Delving Deeper. I think i'll use that for when I want to play some very old school D&D.

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”