How long for an order to ship from the store?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

udv
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Paradox

How long for an order to ship from the store?

Post by udv »

I placed an order back on April 4 and it has been in "Processing" ever since.

How long does it normally take for an order to get sent? Is there someone I can contact to find out what my status is?

I have tried emailing without response, and have spoken to a very helpful person via the FB page, but they have said they do not have any access to anyone at the store warehouse, and do not know why my order hasn't been sent, nor can they contact anyone to find out why.

Thanks.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: How long for an order to ship from the store?

Post by GnomeBoy »

This is the fan forum, so direct contact is your best bet... however, maybe I can fill in some blanks.

For one thing, a bunch of us behind the scenes folks have been getting our second covid shots just lately, and that's been knocking us each out for a couple days, disrupting replies, communications, etc.

Also, the warehouse items ship from handles more than just Goodman Games, whereas it used to be an in-house operation. They handle orders as they get them, but that includes other companies in the mix -- and they have also had other disruptions lately, which has made for some atypical delays.

From what I have seen, there are delays in things leaving the warehouse, but we're also in a moment where the mail stream itself is experiencing disruptions, so then there's more delay.

It's frustrating for all of us on all sides of this, but we're doing the best we can with what we've got right now.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
udv
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by udv »

I appreciate the reply.

That's just it - direct contact via FB messenger has been quick. but they have no information.

I use the email contact for the orders, and no one responds to the email. From what I can tell (from the email) it goes directly to one person (since it has a name to it, not something generic) and I have heard nothing in almost 3 weeks?

I get it - delays happen, all I want is some sort of response from someone who knows anything about when my order might ship since I was planning on the items to be for a birthday for a family member that has since come and gone. If it normally takes 4-6 weeks for a delivery, then fine, that's on me, but I can't even find a standard order turn around on these things.

I can put up with delays - that's not a problem - I just would like some sort of idea of when I might be able to count on my order being shipped so I can tell my brother when he will get his gifts.

Again - thank you for taking the time to answer. I wouldn't have gone and used this forum if I hadn't seen someone else get a response about a missing order prior to this posting.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hmmm... the general contact e-mail is info@ -- if you're e-mailing a name, maybe it's not going to the right person, or that person is thinking they are being cc'd and it's not just them that's getting it, and if it's not their 'department' so to speak, they aren't replying...?

Hard to say for sure -- but if you haven't e-mailed info@, I'd shoot one off to that address...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
udv
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by udv »

That may be where the problem is.

The contact us information on the website lists an email address for orders should go to Keith, who I have emailed.

I will see what the info email can do.

Thank you for responding.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I have a similar issue. I ordered 3 Lankhmar modules and another non-Lankhmar one. The one module came in around 3-4 days but the Lankhmar stuff is "processing." (I got the links for the PDFs right away, just not the printed modules.) My assumption is that the stuff shipped from different locations and one was in stock while the others might be on backorder or in some obscure warehouse somehow. Not ready to panic yet, but I agree that it would be nice to know when something will be delayed.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Goodman Games General”