Raskal's monsters

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Raskal's monsters

Post by raskal »

BEARWOLF

The bearwolf is a huge canid resembling a skinny bear. It is located north part of The Wilds where he lives and hunts in packs. Bearwolf has a brown coat, dark gray or white with a profuse mane. It is more than 2m long and weighs more than 200 kg. It is known to attack humans if it considers that it threatens its territory.

Init : +4
Atk: Bite +d4* (Deed Die) melee (1d6). If the attack hits and the Deed Die is a 3 or higher, the attack inflicts damage and the Trips and throws Deed takes place
AC: 13
HD: 2d6
MV : 40' (8 squares)
Act. : 1d20SV: Ref +3, Fort +3, Will +2
AL: L

*The result modifies both attack and damage rolls.

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Raskal's monsters

Post by GnomeBoy »

Nice. :)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

Very nice. "Bearwulf" is the name of one of the main villains in my mythic Northumbrian campaign. If the party ever finds him I'll have to make him protected by a sleuth (or a pack? a sleuthpack?) of your bearwolfs.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

oncelor wrote:Very nice. "Bearwulf" is the name of one of the main villains in my mythic Northumbrian campaign. If the party ever finds him I'll have to make him protected by a sleuth (or a pack? a sleuthpack?) of your bearwolfs.
It's very interesting. Bearwulf is not the same persorn that Beowulf i suppose ?
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

Sort of... Bearwulf is a former great hero who became corrupted and turned into a bad-guy. I think I remember reading that Beowulf means "bee-wolf" but that bee-wolf is an Anglo-Saxon riddle for a bear.

Return to “Judges' Forum”