I get that the pre-order folks want to feel special, but...

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Disemvowel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I get that the pre-order folks want to feel special, but...

Post by Disemvowel »

Are you guys seriously going to miss out on making money by selling the Doom of the Savage Kings? I would love to add this to my collection and use it for the World Tour.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: I get that the pre-order folks want to feel special, but

Post by goodmangames »

I have a soft spot for people who pre-order...what can I say? No plans to reprint Doom of the Savage Kings. All the more reason to make sure you get in early on future pre-order deals. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Disemvowel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Disemvowel »

I can respect that, but some of us end up in places we don't actually have internet access or get to stay up on our geek news.

Thanks for the reply!
AQuebman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by AQuebman »

Is there ever any plan to sell the PDF? I was looking forward to running this adventure and had no clue it was only a pre-order gift.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

goodmangames wrote:I have a soft spot for people who pre-order...what can I say? No plans to reprint Doom of the Savage Kings. All the more reason to make sure you get in early on future pre-order deals. :)

I'd love to preorder but your shipping rates to Europe are high. If I buy 2 thin modules, you charge $20 to ship to Europe. I've bought from Ebay sellers in the US & from other game companies & the Goodman Games shipping rates are high compared to them.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Crimsontree wrote:
goodmangames wrote:I have a soft spot for people who pre-order...what can I say? No plans to reprint Doom of the Savage Kings. All the more reason to make sure you get in early on future pre-order deals. :)

I'd love to preorder but your shipping rates to Europe are high. If I buy 2 thin modules, you charge $20 to ship to Europe. I've bought from Ebay sellers in the US & from other game companies & the Goodman Games shipping rates are high compared to them.
As far as I remember the shipping rates were lower during the pre-order period.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

One thing to consider is this kind of stance might encourage piracy of the module. I completely understand the rarity motive, and it's probably a fine motive. But selling the PDF is probably wise, as you serve the market without diminishing the price for collectors.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

I have a copy, but I still think the PDF should be made available.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”