Bring back Broncosaurus Rex

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Hedgehobbit
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Bring back Broncosaurus Rex

Post by Hedgehobbit »

This suggestion is more like a faint lost hope. I'd like to see a revised version of Broncosaurus Rex. You guys know the d20 rules way better now and I think the setting could use a kick in the rear. Plus, there's tons of OGL stuff around to pull from in addition to the stuff that you guys produced.

Aaron
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yeah, I've been thinking about this myself a little, too. The comic should become a reality around the middle of next year, and I plan to include game material with the comic (mostly short adventures). That might lead to something... who knows? :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

Yeah, I'd like to see a d20 Modern/Future rendition of it aside from my own homemade compilation and reworking.
(insert witty phrase)
Kane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kane »

Not only would I like to see a comeback of the original material, perhaps updated a bit. But it would be nice to see some new material dealing with creatures from the Age of Mammals.

I've run enough material with dinos that my players are getting a bit tired of it. Throwing them onto a new part of the planet where they have to deal with mammoths, sabertooths, giant elk, and other such creatures would give all of us a big boost.
King Donkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by King Donkey »

A conversion to the D20 Modern rules wouldn't be a bad idea. Neither would the addition of prehistoric mammals, Titanotheres, Glyptodons, and Thylacines...oh MY! So...basically what the other posters said.
Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Argamae »

Hm, the last post is waaay back now. Did anything new come up concerning BRONCOSAURUS REX? I do love the setting and think that it would lend itself incredible well to flesh out into a full-blown D20-Future universe, or something like that. Heck, I would just as well love to see the setting reborn with a different rules system!
Ever since "DINOSAURS THAT NEVER WERE" out of print (it's the only supplement I am missing) I hoped that BRONCO would return one day... like a little triceratops baby dino japping outside my door... *sniff*
Btw: what about the comic? Did I miss it?

Guys - and especially Mr. Jo Goodman - this is just too cool and unusual a setting to just let it slip away... :cry:
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ChristinaStiles »

Argamae wrote: Guys - and especially Mr. Jo Goodman - this is just too cool and unusual a setting to just let it slip away... :cry:
I have to agree there. I've always loved BR!

Christina
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Just curious: If BR made a comeback, would you want it 4e? True20? Modern d20 (not sure if there will be a 4e Modern upgrade)?
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

my pref

Post by tadk »

my pref would be to make it a lot like Etherscope
Port over the 6 classes
add a few more in
some more setting stuff
make it more Modern rules wise
and run with it so people like me can port stuff from one to the other

my 2 pennies
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: my pref

tadk wrote:my pref would be to make it a lot like Etherscope
Port over the 6 classes
add a few more in
some more setting stuff
make it more Modern rules wise
and run with it so people like me can port stuff from one to the other

my 2 pennies
Hadn't thought of that, but that's a good point. Also begs as to whether Etherscope will be ported to 4e...
Christina Stiles
Colt.45
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Bring back Broncosaurus Rex

Post by Colt.45 »

If i had known of Broncosaurus Rex ten years ago i would've never stopped playing rpg's im 20 yrs old now and have just started rpg'ing with this game. It's really good and i enjoy all the escapades i've been on even if i don't always get what i want. But that's life, and now i want to see how my life would differ if there were more supplements created for DPBR. I hope more people come to realize that just because dinosaurs don't breathe fire or have lvl 20 spells or whatever, they can still be a lot of fun. Please bring back DPBR.
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Thinking on this now, I think Savage Worlds would make a good system for this. I would like to see a comeback.
Christina Stiles
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Savage Worlds would definitely be a great choice for Broncosaurus Rex.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the FATE rules for this either. Spirit of the Century is an awesome game that uses FATE, and I think Broncosaurus Rex would fit right into that system as well.
dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re:

Post by dulsi »

goodmangames wrote:Yeah, I've been thinking about this myself a little, too. The comic should become a reality around the middle of next year, and I plan to include game material with the comic (mostly short adventures). That might lead to something... who knows? :)
Wait there was going to be a comic? Did it ever come out?
Dennis Payne
Identical Games
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Wow, that was a long time ago...that was post was from 2004. Sorry, the comic never came to be!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Hedgehobbit
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hedgehobbit »

Bronco Rex for DCC RPG? Maybe? Someday?
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

If it happens it will clearly involve necromantic magic!

Return to “Suggestion Box”