[PDG] AL 3: Through the Cotillion of Hours

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

[PDG] AL 3: Through the Cotillion of Hours

Post by Mark_Gedak »

Daniel Bishop's next adventure for Dungeon Crawl Classics is now live at Rpgnow.

AL 3: Through the Cotillion of Hours by Daniel J. Bishop (Raven_Crowking).

Sooner or later, characters are going to want to quest to achieve some specific end – to raise a fallen comrade, to regain lost ability points, to discover a new spell, to find some new magic item…the possibilities are nearly endless. This scenario can occur at any time during the course of overland travel, and gives characters the opportunity to meet some of these goals.

In this adventure, sleeping characters are invited to the Cotillion of Somnos, the Dreaming God. If they can make their way past the entertainments at the Masked
Ball, they can petition the Dreaming God to fulfill some request on their behalf.

Through the Cotillion of Hourse is a Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game adventure designed for any number of characters of any level.

All products in the Adventure Locale line present one or more dungeons that can be quickly picked up and used for a session of the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game.

This product is based on the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game, published by Goodman Games. This product is published under license. Dungeon Crawl Classics and DCC RPG are trademarks of Good­man Games. All rights reserved. For additional infor­mation, visit www.goodman-games.com or contact info@goodman-games.com.

Rules Set: DCC RPG
Writer: Daniel J. Bishop
Page Count: 18 pages
Artwork: Scott Ackerman
Cartography: Kristian Richards

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/105707/AL ... -%5BDCC%5D

This release is available in PDF and in Print-On-Demand.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: [PDG] AL 3: Through the Cotillion of Hours

Post by ragboy »

Congrats Mark and congrats Daniel on another successful project. Looks great!
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ragboy wrote:Congrats Mark and congrats Daniel on another successful project. Looks great!
Thank you. I'm excited about this one.

Mark didn't mention it, but Somnos is described in the module using the simple entry format used in the Core Rulebook for Yddgrrl, Obitu-Que, and Ithha.....i.e., a basic description plus invoke patron results. If there is enough call for it, I am sure that a follow-up module could include a full write-up.

BTW, speaking of modules with patron write-ups, if you haven't checked out Harley Stroh's Beyond the Black Gate yet, you should.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Purchased! Congrats RC and Mark! Looking forward to reading it. :)
Terry Olson
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Pesky wrote:Purchased! Congrats RC and Mark! Looking forward to reading it. :)
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and, more importantly, your play experiences!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

Got mine.
Very nice Wizard of Oz meets Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath on acid feel.
Will be used at some point in my campaign.

Congrats!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thanks. There are a couple of nods to Appendix N authors in there; the Kadath ones are the most overt.

In the intro, I suggested it could be used on any overland travel. From playing, I have come to realize that you can use it pretty well anywhere, at any time, so long as the PCs are resting. You can even use it to draw PCs from distant areas together for a single adventure, then either put them back where they started, or deposit them in one location.

I wouldn't expect most PC groups to solve it in one go, so it is a nice recurrent in a campaign as well.

Let me know how you use it, and how it works for you!

(BTW, my copy of Crawl! #4 arrived, and I have to give congrats to you as well! The module turned out very well....and may be the first use of a dragon in a published DCC adventure [or Ooze Pits, if the snapdragons count]!)

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

Raven_Crowking wrote:The module turned out very well....and may be the first use of a dragon in a published DCC adventure!)
Daniel
As for that dragon, if you like it it's 95% Dak's fault! (I only did the stats..) :)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, I need to thank you both, then. :D

There are two reviews of Cotillion up now.

Iron Tavern: http://irontavern.com/2012/10/01/review ... -of-hours/

Tenkar's Tavern: http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2012/10/mi ... +Tavern%29

Thank you both for the kind words.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

Our group ran it last night. Looking forward to sharing Stephan's write up. It was trippy. :)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Please do share! I am looking forward to reading how it played for you.
SoBH pbp:

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Will do, Raven.

I'm behind by two session reports on my blog that will include photos and Stephan's write ups.

Love the adventure.

I'll also do a survey on it, as I did with The Portal Beneath the Stars, Doom of the Savage Kings, and Sailors of the Starless Sea.

More to come.

Jon
jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Thank you. I'm excited about this one.

Mark didn't mention it, but Somnos is described in the module using the simple entry format used in the Core Rulebook for Yddgrrl, Obitu-Que, and Ithha.....i.e., a basic description plus invoke patron results. If there is enough call for it, I am sure that a follow-up module could include a full write-up.
When you have have players taking him as a patron, you're going to need a full patron write up.

BTW, are there any DCC RPG rules for non spell-casters to have a patron? Invoke patron should somehow still be viable.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

cthulhudarren wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote: Thank you. I'm excited about this one.

When you have have players taking him as a patron, you're going to need a full patron write up.

BTW, are there any DCC RPG rules for non spell-casters to have a patron? Invoke patron should somehow still be viable.
Read the Patron Bond spell.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”