DCC and the old days

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

darkon_turas
Ill-Fated Peasant

DCC and the old days

Post by darkon_turas »

I've got several of the original modules that the DCC design was based on and when I look at these I so much wished that they had the lamination that the DCCs do. There would be so much less degradation if they did. The smell of the paper when they came fresh out of the shrink wrap is different as well. I used to be a connisure of RPG books and could tell the age of the publication by scent. I am such a geek.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Totally. I'm still amazed, though, at the cover/binding quality of the 1e AD&D DMG. How the heck did Gygax get up the money to pull that off?

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
darkon_turas
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by darkon_turas »

I know! The binding was far superior to the 2nd edition book. Not one of them gave in all these years, unlike the 2nd edition books which gave out all the time.
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

The original, colored-endpapers versions of the DMG, PHB, and MM were in fact of even sturdier construction than the later 3rd revised DMG, 6th printing PHB, "4th" MM, etc. You could use those bindings to disarm swordsmen without fearing harm to your books :D
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Tome of Infinite Punishment, in all senses of the phrase. It could both take it, and dish it out.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”