More importantly, what's after #74?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

More importantly, what's after #74?

Post by ragboy »

Is Blades Against Death the last adventure of the year? What does 2013 hold?
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: More importantly, what's after #74?

Post by Ravenheart87 »

#75 - Mystery of the Tomes from the Future

Actually I'm in minority here, since I'm usually running sandbox campaigns with my own adventures, so I'm not planning to buy modules. I'm more interested in the promised annuals.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Ravenheart87 wrote:I'm more interested in the promised annuals.
This is an interesting statement. Joseph has stated that he's more interested in module creation than contributing to rules "bloat" and my impression was that the rules annuals were sort of vague and "well, if we have some good stuff we might collect it together" rather than a pre-planned "we have this stuff we want to sell you."

In other words, I don't know that there is any current plan to put out annuals unless it's a matter of looking through the boards and finding good ideas to compile into an occasional volume. Jospeh will have to speak up on this, but I've heard nothing about this idea since the early playtest days.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

finarvyn wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:I'm more interested in the promised annuals.
This is an interesting statement. Joseph has stated that he's more interested in module creation than contributing to rules "bloat" and my impression was that the rules annuals were sort of vague and "well, if we have some good stuff we might collect it together" rather than a pre-planned "we have this stuff we want to sell you."
I would say it's a bit ironic. I don't really need modules, since I write my own adventures/setting, and I play a game which focuses heavily on them.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Not as ironic, if you look at the Goodman Games output since inception. It's like, what, 123% percent modules and 9% other stuff! It's what they do, and they do it darn well.

That other 9% is sterling, as well. Heck, it is about 12 times better than my math!

I'm curious what you're hungry for that you expect the annuals to feature...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

To avoid further misunderstandings: it's ironic that I play a game which is heavily supported by modules, because I don't need modules. Is it clear now? :)

And about the annuals: I'm not hungry for anything, I just simply like tinkering with races, classes, rules, spells, therefore an annual with new stuff is a far more interesting source of inspiration for me, than a module I'm not going to use. That's all.
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

Ravenheart87 wrote:To avoid further misunderstandings: it's ironic that I play a game which is heavily supported by modules, because I don't need modules. Is it clear now? :)

And about the annuals: I'm not hungry for anything, I just simply like tinkering with races, classes, rules, spells, therefore an annual with new stuff is a far more interesting source of inspiration for me, than a module I'm not going to use. That's all.
Agree 100%. I could care less about the modules, I want stuff I can use in my campaigns.

Domain rules are probably my biggest desire along with more spells, items, racial classes and patrons. Alternative/optional classes (ie. not a fan of the cleric as written but would like another healer type) would be nice as well.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

If you didn't see it, Harley himself lets the corrupted cat out of the bag that there is in fact an upcoming Annual...

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 78&t=42153
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”