Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is This Hugh???
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:06 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I made this (out of three other figures) about two-and-a-half or three years ago, and only dug it out (along with a couple others) to put on a base this past weekend...

And I suddenly realized it was Hugh from the back of the DCC RPG book (and elsewhere)!

Hasn't been painted -- but now I'm thinking he needs some stripey pants...

Should've sculpted flared bell-bottoms instead of boot tops!

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

Post subject: Re: Is This Hugh???
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 pm 
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Looks more like Aquaman to me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Ah, that explains it!

....You're "Drunk", aren't you...?

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

There's definitely some Aquaman in there, which is always a good thing! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Green Arrow Aquaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:25 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Just to set the record straight:

The figure is cobbled together from three of the Heroclix line of figures, to wit: Aquaman (for most of it), Steel (for the hammer and cape), and Blade (for the sword). All of these figures I think have had subsequent alternate versions, but these are all the originals AFAICR.

A bunch of B-list heroes combine to make a badass DCC hero!

Unless you disagree... :mrgreen:

Here Be DCC Monsters...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:14 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

GnomeBoy wrote:

No doubt, stripey pants for sure!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

GnomeBoy wrote:
Yes, you've nailed it! That is so awesome! :lol:

I don't know why these guys see Aquaman here; I always see Aquaman as the clean-shaven guy from the old Superfriends cartoon and not the bearded guy.

GnomeBoy wrote:
Should've sculpted flared bell-bottoms instead of boot tops!
Maybe they're tucked into the boots.

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 pm 
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

finarvyn wrote:
I don't know why these guys see Aquaman here; I always see Aquaman as the clean-shaven guy from the old Superfriends cartoon and not the bearded guy.

I watched Superfriends as a kid, but that Aquaman never did anything for me. My first exposure to Aquaman in the comics was in the 90's, so bearded pirate Aquaman is my Aquaman.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

mythfish wrote:
finarvyn wrote:
I watched Superfriends as a kid, but that Aquaman never did anything for me. My first exposure to Aquaman in the comics was in the 90's, so bearded pirate Aquaman is my Aquaman.
Aquaman in any form never did anything for me. Never a fan of any version, but more familar with the SF one.

I love the fact that "Big Bang Theory" dumps on Aquaman all the time. :lol:

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

GnomeBoy wrote:
I made this (out of three other figures) about two-and-a-half or three years ago, and only dug it out (along with a couple others) to put on a base this past weekend...

+1.

Excellent recycling of the Hypertime and Infinity Challenge HeroClix sets! If only you could shave his chin clean for that 70s stache+mullet look.