Filcher Took! Noooooo!

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Filcher Took! Noooooo!

Post by ragboy »

Okay -- I have to say, it's not the best thing about these modules (the writing and art overshadows all), but it's certainly icing on the cake: The funnel of "iconic characters." I admit, the first thing I do upon receiving a new module is flip to the "Death of" image and then flip to the back to see who's joined the lineup.

Thanks again guys for another great module -- I read through Beyond the Black River and I'm hoping that my home game folks get to 5th level... :)
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Flexi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Filcher Took! Noooooo!

Post by Flexi »

ragboy wrote:I admit, the first thing I do upon receiving a new module is flip to the "Death of" image and then flip to the back to see who's joined the lineup.
It is good to know that I am not alone in doing this! :)
Poor old Filcher Took. At least he took an ice giant with him!
Beyond the Black Gate is a tough adventure but a really enjoyable one too!
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Flexi wrote:
ragboy wrote:I admit, the first thing I do upon receiving a new module is flip to the "Death of" image and then flip to the back to see who's joined the lineup.
It is good to know that I am not alone in doing this! :)
Nope, not alone at all. I love how Ratface Slipshot's amulet is still being carried despite the fact that he died "long ago" in Sailors. :)
Terry Olson
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Doug has this master plan to eventually kill off enough characters to end up with, as he calls it, "an all-girl band." Heh! We'll see how it goes...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

goodmangames wrote:Doug has this master plan to eventually kill off enough characters to end up with, as he calls it, "an all-girl band." Heh! We'll see how it goes...
It seems like a pitty to lose the blond warrior with the "cool" striped pants and the mustache (Hugh?). He is sort of an icon for the game, but what better way to communicate the deadliness of DCC RPG than to kill him off :twisted: Perhaps the real reason Ratface died was that his 'stache was too similar to Hugh's...
Terry Olson
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

goodmangames wrote:Doug has this master plan to eventually kill off enough characters to end up with, as he calls it, "an all-girl band." Heh! We'll see how it goes...
:lol: Can't wait to flip to the back and see the all girl band. I also noticed that Hugh's head is part of the scene on the 2nd printing of the rule book.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

DCCfan wrote:I also noticed that Hugh's head is part of the scene on the 2nd printing of the rule book.
Oh, good catch! I forgot about that.
Terry Olson

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”