Age of Cthulhu 7: The Timeless Sands of India

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Age of Cthulhu 7: The Timeless Sands of India

Post by JonHook »

Wow!!! It's actually real!! Slap my face and call me Susan!!

More as it becomes available!

And what do you guys think of this cover by Eddie Sharam?!?! I'll hold my unbiased opinion for now. :mrgreen:

boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Age of Cthulhu 7: The Timeless Sands of India

Post by boneguard »

[Slap Jonhook] "Hey Susan! Snap out of it!" :P

But Sweet Jesus that art is awesome.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

This one is going to be good - Jon, you did great work and I am eager for the world to see it!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Does anyone have any questions about Timeless Sands of India? I'd be happy to answer them as best as I can.

Don't want to spoil any surprises, don't you know, but I will do my best to field any questions you may have.
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

Off the top of my head:

1) While it include a small gazetteer of India (a bit like in a Dream of Japan)...any chance of it touching the Neighbouring Nation China, Afghanistan, Ceylan (Sri Lanka), Pakistan (East (aka. Bangladesh) and West), Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet??
1.1) Will it be within the British, portuguese (up until 1961) or French (up until 1954) controlled area of India

2) While it involve a lot of travelling within India.

3) A bit of a spoiler here (feel free to skip it) but mostly mortal or mythos opponent?
3.1) a bit in the same line: One big vilain or a villain group

4) Will we ever going to see the 2 kids introduced in the 1st (and seen again in the 2nd AoC) again?
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Great questions! Let's dive in...
boneguard wrote:1) While it include a small gazetteer of India (a bit like in a Dream of Japan)...any chance of it touching the Neighbouring Nation China, Afghanistan, Ceylan (Sri Lanka), Pakistan (East (aka. Bangladesh) and West), Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet??
1.1) Will it be within the British, portuguese (up until 1961) or French (up until 1954) controlled area of India
1) No, unfortunately I was working with a word count ceiling that I ended out breaking by an additional 5,000 words. You're correct that there is a small gazetteer, but there's nothing on her neighbors.

1.1) The time period is the spring or summer in the late 1920's. I left it ambiguous on purpose so a Keeper could fit it into an existing campaign, if they so desire.
boneguard wrote:2) While it involve a lot of travelling within India.
2) Yes, so pack light.
boneguard wrote:3) A bit of a spoiler here (feel free to skip it) but mostly mortal or mythos opponent?
3.1) a bit in the same line: One big vilain or a villain group
3) Hmm... both?

3.1) Group. The more the merrier, right?
boneguard wrote:4) Will we ever going to see the 2 kids introduced in the 1st (and seen again in the 2nd AoC) again?
4) You know, I too would love to see a return of the twins, but I did not want to step on Harley's toes. So, alas, they are not a part of this adventure.
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

Sweet!! Sounds like a barrel of fun right there.

I agree 'poaching' the twins would not be nice...even if they are awesome.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

JonHook wrote:...I did not want to step on Harley's toes...
I'm pretty sure Harley is tough enough to take it! :twisted:

Y'know that soap that's three-quarters moisturizing cream? Harley is nearly three-quarters old rusty staples from misprinted G- and D-series modules. Or so I've heard tell...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

GnomeBoy wrote:Y'know that soap that's three-quarters moisturizing cream? Harley is nearly three-quarters old rusty staples from misprinted G- and D-series modules. Or so I've heard tell...
LOL! Slap a water-stained copy of a Q module on that pile, and he turns into a juggernaut!!
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

JonHook wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Y'know that soap that's three-quarters moisturizing cream? Harley is nearly three-quarters old rusty staples from misprinted G- and D-series modules. Or so I've heard tell...
LOL! Slap a water-stained copy of a Q module on that pile, and he turns into a juggernaut!!
Such great modules. So many hours of fun.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

boneguard wrote:
JonHook wrote:
Such great modules. So many hours of fun.
That series was my first campaign to adventure through. We cut our teeth on the other modules, but D, G, and Q was the first real campaign. Ah, memories... I travel down you with a 10' pole. :)
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Nice! The art gallery is up now! More stunning work from Brad McDevitt!
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

I droool like a little Baby.

Those Arts are AWE-Some!!! I love the Second one with the Great Race of Yith.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

boneguard wrote:I droool like a little Baby.

Those Arts are AWE-Some!!! I love the Second one with the Great Race of Yith.
Yes, one of my favorites.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Man... I'm loving how this book came out. Anyone else pick it up?
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

So the first review is in, and I found it to be a thorough and critical review. I respect his views and find him dead-on in his assessment.

Check it out here:Tabletop Review by Alex Lucard at DieHardGamefan.com

Alex's review was also linked to RPGNow.com where it got 4/5 stars. Nice.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

I'd love to hear from anyone who's picked-up Timeless Sands of India. I'm curious as to your thoughts; is there anything you were hoping to see, or things you'd prefere wasn't included?
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

Will we be seeing online Ressource (eg, the handout and pregenerated character) for Timeless Sand, like we have for the earlier AoC modules?
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

boneguard wrote:Will we be seeing online Ressource (eg, the handout and pregenerated character) for Timeless Sand, like we have for the earlier AoC modules?
Good question Boneguard. I'll check.
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

JonHook wrote:I'd love to hear from anyone who's picked-up Timeless Sands of India. I'm curious as to your thoughts; is there anything you were hoping to see, or things you'd prefere wasn't included?
It's a great product, I love the way we lead into the adventure and the mini-Gazetteer. Overall, a great adventure.

3 minor things though (CAREFUL POTENTIAL SPOILER).
1) You indicate where and how Investigator from the West and Africa get's to India, but not how investigator in Japan or Australia can get there...granted we can always work this out.
2) The chapters and corresponding map don't match up. The maps are one chapter ahead from the actual chapter. For exemple the Train trip in Chapter 4; the correspondant map has everything label 5-x etc.
3) In the hospital, when you see the man in the straigth jacket babbling. The Text refer to the remembered dream's fragment, but that specific scene is not part of the 10 fragments.

Again minor things, that takes nothing out of the enjoyment on the module.
JonHook wrote:
boneguard wrote:Will we be seeing online Ressource (eg, the handout and pregenerated character) for Timeless Sand, like we have for the earlier AoC modules?

Any news on this front? :)
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

boneguard wrote: 3 minor things though (CAREFUL POTENTIAL SPOILER).
1) You indicate where and how Investigator from the West and Africa get's to India, but not how investigator in Japan or Australia can get there...granted we can always work this out.
2) The chapters and corresponding map don't match up. The maps are one chapter ahead from the actual chapter. For exemple the Train trip in Chapter 4; the correspondant map has everything label 5-x etc.
3) In the hospital, when you see the man in the straigth jacket babbling. The Text refer to the remembered dream's fragment, but that specific scene is not part of the 10 fragments.
1) Yes, sorry. I thought about including a route from the East, but dropped it due to the fact that if investigators are coming from the East, unless they were already in the West for some prior reason, they would not be on the Bancura at the beginning of the adventure. If you have players who want to begin the game originating from the East, then I would have them meet the other players in Calcutta after the Bancura has docked.

2) Yes, foul-up during editing and proof reading. I condensed two chapters together into one, and that effected the numbering of the maps that had already been drawn and numbered. I take full responsibility for that one, for sure.

3) Another foul-up on my part. I think it my head it made sense, but I don't think I made it clear-cut in the text. Lessoned learned there, for sure.
boneguard wrote:
JonHook wrote:
Any news on this front? :)
No word yet. I'll ping him again.
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

JonHook wrote:
boneguard wrote: 3 minor things though (CAREFUL POTENTIAL SPOILER).
1) Yes, sorry. I thought about including a route from the East, but dropped it due to the fact that if investigators are coming from the East, unless they were already in the West for some prior reason, they would not be on the Bancura at the beginning of the adventure. If you have players who want to begin the game originating from the East, then I would have them meet the other players in Calcutta after the Bancura has docked.

2) Yes, foul-up during editing and proof reading. I condensed two chapters together into one, and that effected the numbering of the maps that had already been drawn and numbered. I take full responsibility for that one, for sure.

3) Another foul-up on my part. I think it my head it made sense, but I don't think I made it clear-cut in the text. Lessoned learned there, for sure.
I figured it was a space constraint and editing incident.

But as I said, it's an excellent product and I love it...I especially love the fact that you explore sector of the word that are not covered in Chaosium product.

Maybe a Black Africa or South Africa adventure could be fun too for AoC 8
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Boneguard, look for downloadable files for the pre-gen characters, handouts, and maps from AoC7 soon. Joseph said he'd have that up in a few weeks.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Done! :mrgreen:
boneguard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by boneguard »

JonHook wrote:
Done! :mrgreen:
And the Crowd goes WILD!!!!

Thank you very much. It's much appreciated.

ps: So any plan/ideas for AoC8? :)

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”