Atlanta, GA

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Atlanta, GA

Post by beermotor »

There's a game on this coming Sunday in Marietta area, but I won't be going (too far). I'm going to start up a game to run every other Thursday evening near Decatur, and we might be interested in adding a player or two. Let me know if you're in the area and looking for a game.
loki44
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Atlanta, GA

Post by loki44 »

Hey b! I kind of thought DCC might be your cup of tea.

Not sure if you're still looking for players, but I might be able to swing a Thursday evening game every now and then. Probably not this month, but maybe after. I'll check back in later.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Haha... yeah, it very much is. Kind of the perfect marriage of Moldvay and d20. Plays well with Legos, too.

If you'd like to join the group (we have 5 total, usually 4 at the table though), I think we'd be happy to have you. We play at a buddy's house in Decatur. I think we're not playing this Thursday, but likely will be playing next Thursday... we usually play from 7:30ish to 10:00-10:30.

[I guess if you play and start lurking the forums I'm going to have to quit posting stuff until after the fact. :/ hmmf.]
loki44
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by loki44 »

Heh, I haven't lurked across any of your secrets yet!

Like I said, September is kind of shot for me, but I may get in touch later this fall. Are you running the game, or someone else?
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Yeah I'm running it. So it's definitely action-oriented, I suppose, although that has as much to do with the players as with me. The modules (Goodman Games and third-party publishers) are very nonlinear.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I grew up in Atlanta...cool to see this thread. Anybody else remember Sword of the Phoenix?
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I'm from the country, south of Birmingham, and just moved here from CA in 2004. The War Room was still around when I moved here - I got my 6' Chessex battlemap from them on the cheap, since it'd been collecting dust for so long - but I guess they're long gone now. Back in B'ham, the only(?) store was Lion & Unicorn in Hoover ... I think it's actually still around.

If you ever make it back this way to visit family or whatever, it'd be cool to have an impromptu session run by the author. :-)
loki44
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by loki44 »

Yeah, I'm a carpetbagging transplant, so I didn't grow up here, but I've been around long enough to remember Sword of the Phoenix. I probably only visited once or twice before it closed though. Game stores in Atlanta are really few and far between now. I wouldn't even know where to direct someone in search of an FLGS these days.
Ancalagon
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ancalagon »

goodmangames wrote:I grew up in Atlanta...cool to see this thread. Anybody else remember Sword of the Phoenix?
LOVED Sword of the Phoenix back in the day! I grew up in the Carrollton, GA area and would load up with friends every so often to visit SotP just to see what bit of gaming goodness I could stumble upon.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”