The Star Wars dice stickers gave me a idea.

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

The Star Wars dice stickers gave me a idea.

Post by Devil Swine »

Evidently the new Star Wars game uses strange dice nobody has. Instead of putting out the dice for the beta testers they get a book with a page or two of stickers that they can peel off and slap on normal game dice.

This got me to thinking! DCCRPG could do the same thing. Slap 1,2,3 twice on a six sider creates a D3 ect..

You could do the same with the control die ideas. Slap a +10 on some sides and +0 on the other.

Look I know you can order and buy the dice for a pretty penny or even make do with work arounds that are not too shabby but this just seems to be a easy idea that might suit some folks better.

My players either use my dice or use the work around mostly though one player had the new dice and then promptly had them stolen at a con table.

Stickers while not perfect might bridge the gap a little until the dice become more prevalent.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: The Star Wars dice stickers gave me a idea.

Post by beermotor »

I picked up some koplow d3s and some blank d10s, the blanks came with stickers so I numbered them 1-5 twice. Wasn't expensive.

Also got a sand timer. Going to start being more of a hardass. :twisted:
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

I hate dice thieves! It's always "no that is my dice, I have had it years..." liars!
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

beermotor wrote:Also got a sand timer. Going to start being more of a hardass. :twisted:
Love it! I've been meaning to do that as well. I'd love it if I could get the VTT to do a shared timer that all the players could see. However, I could get a sand timer, like you, and just focus the video chat camera on it. :)
Terry Olson
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Pesky wrote:
beermotor wrote:Also got a sand timer. Going to start being more of a hardass. :twisted:
Love it! I've been meaning to do that as well. I'd love it if I could get the VTT to do a shared timer that all the players could see. However, I could get a sand timer, like you, and just focus the video chat camera on it. :)
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I think it'd keep the tension level up a bit, keep the action moving. I debated which one(s) to get for a long time to myself, but finally settled on the 3-minute timer. I figured that was a reasonable amount of time to allow for some player discussion, choosing actions, etc. I may get a 30-second timer for combat, haven't yet decided... it doesn't seem to be too much of a problem once in combat, but exploring can sometimes get bogged down with jokes and whatnot.

Return to “DCC RPG General”