Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CRAWL! fanzine No. 3 (Three)!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm 

AVAILABLE NOW!

Buy it here! http://crawlfanzine.blogspot.com/p/buy-now.html

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

Post subject: Re: CRAWL! fanzine No. 3 (Three)!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:52 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Awesome now I get to troll the mailbox stalking the mailman who probably thinks I am insane for all of the books he brings me. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

If I buy a sub, can it start with 3rd issue?

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:07 pm 

beermotor wrote:
If I buy a sub, can it start with 3rd issue?

Yep! That's the standard policy. All new subscriptions will start with #3, which is now the Current Issue!

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

reverenddak wrote:
AVAILABLE NOW!

Cool! Looking forward to it :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Didn't see this until now, but the order has been placed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I just read your most recent blog post, and I admit that my level of interest is definitely high for this issue!

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Just got mine in the mail. Awesome issue! "Hateful Blemish" ...too funny! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:03 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Raven_Crowking wrote:
I just read your most recent blog post, and I admit that my level of interest is definitely high for this issue!

A couple of my faves are there (ah, who am I kidding, I like them all).

I'm curious Dak, how'd you choose The Joss of Joss to include in the zine? Shortest entry? :mrgreen:

*waits for already-cool-looking art to be done*

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Quote:
I can't stress this enough: if you're playing DCC RPG and not getting Crawl!, you're really missing out. While your mileage is going to vary from issue to issue, it's a steal at $3.50 (that includes postage!). Besides, if you're not finding the kinds of things you want to see, you could always submit.

My review of it can be found here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Great issue! Got it and read it this weekend -- and referred to it at the gaming table. No higher praise for a gaming supplement... :)

The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 am 

GnomeBoy wrote:

I'm curious Dak, how'd you choose The Joss of Joss to include in the zine? Shortest entry? :mrgreen:

Oh, am I missing a reference of sorts? It was either going to be the Joss or the Periapt of Lurr... High or Low, I went with Low.

I'm still waiting on the art. My best artist is also my slowest...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Another fine issue. RC that goes to you as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:46 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Karaptis wrote:
Another fine issue. RC that goes to you as well.

Thanks.

I'm still waiting for mine to cross the border. :cry:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:53 pm 

Got my copy today. Great stuff as always, nice to see my work in it as before, shame about the cut-n-paste error in the Lawful Familiars table but these things happen.

Colin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm 

Colin wrote:
Got my copy today. Great stuff as always, nice to see my work in it as before, shame about the cut-n-paste error in the Lawful Familiars table but these things happen.

Colin

What?! Dammit!!! Ugh... will fix for the next print. But man, I take it that the "Tiny humanoid tree" should be crossed out... I'm also noticing some strange line spacing problems...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I am not sure if it is a type-o on page 6 under the Cult Leader writeup you list spells cause fear, mirror image. But under you list the writeups for command and mirror image. I assume that the Cult Leader block should list the spells command and mirror image.

(although I could be totally loopy :))

But again Crawl! is worth its weight in gold!!! Loving every article such great stuff and can't thank the submitter's and you for your work on it enough!

Any word on the focus for issue #4? :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:19 pm 

mindshadow2k wrote:
I am not sure if it is a type-o on page 6 under the Cult Leader writeup you list spells cause fear, mirror image. But under you list the writeups for command and mirror image. I assume that the Cult Leader block should list the spells command and mirror image.

(although I could be totally loopy :))

But again Crawl! is worth its weight in gold!!! Loving every article such great stuff and can't thank the submitter's and you for your work on it enough!

Any word on the focus for issue #4? :D

Yup, that's another one. But I swear I fixed it! The Cult Leader had Cause Fear & Mirror Image at first, but I changed it to Command because it would be been redundant with the Human Cultists... but, yep. It's a typo. Thanks for the catch... It'll also get fixed for next printing.

Look at it this way, you know you have a 1st Print! hehe.

But thanks for the kind words...

Oh, and so... I'm working on #4 as I type this. #4 is going to be a high-level adventure by community member, sheriffharry. With art and cartography by the hard working Scott Ackerman. It'll be a departure from my regular schtick, but I wanted to give this a shot. It'll have something usable at the table aside from the adventure. I think the NPCs & the random encounters should prove to be interesting....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

reverenddak wrote:
Oh, and so... I'm working on #4 as I type this. #4 is going to be a high-level adventure by community member, sheriffharry. With art and cartography by the hard working Scott Ackerman. It'll be a departure from my regular schtick, but I wanted to give this a shot. It'll have something usable at the table aside from the adventure. I think the NPCs & the random encounters should prove to be interesting....

Very cool! Heck you might be able to put out Crawl! as the magazine for rules and such and do a monthly adventure subscription too ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm 

reverenddak wrote:
What?! Dammit!!! Ugh... will fix for the next print. But man, I take it that the "Tiny humanoid tree" should be crossed out... I'm also noticing some strange line spacing problems...

Yeah, "Tiny humanoid tree" is one of the results in the Neutral table.

Colin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:33 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

reverenddak wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:

Oh, am I missing a reference of sorts? It was either going to be the Joss or the Periapt of Lurr... High or Low, I went with Low.

I'm still waiting on the art. My best artist is also my slowest...

Um, no additional reference that I'm aware of... just curiosity. :)

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 am 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

#3 made it to Canada! Hurrah!

Can't wait for #4 now!!!
:wink: