Sailors... Some help please?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Hogscape
Ill-Fated Peasant

Sailors... Some help please?

Post by Hogscape »

Love the adventure.

One bit confuses me though...

Can area B-1 only be entered after the avalanche? I got that impression but I have read write-ups where PCs got to the icy chamber without attempting entry via location B and there are two italicised bits of text to read depending on which way the PCs approach from..

Thanks
Zeiros
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Sailors... Some help please?

Post by Zeiros »

See my post here
3rd page about 1/2 way down, should clear that up for you.
Scrying the land from The Tower of Zeiros
Hogscape
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hogscape »

Sorry, I'm a bit thick. I read the excellent session reports but couldn't find the answer to my question?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

It's my fault that it isn't terribly clear.

Find area 1-1 ... there's a passage up to 1-1a, but opposite that there is a passage that is cut by a "cartographic lightning bolt" indicating "there's a lot of distance here, but we're aren't going to map it." (There's got to be a real name for that, right?)

That's the passage that connects to the non-avalanche side of B-1.

Hope that clears it up, and doesn't make things worse.

Note, to confound matters even further, the door mentioned in the description is missing ...

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

Harley Stroh wrote:"cartographic lightning bolt" indicating "there's a lot of distance here, but we're aren't going to map it." (There's got to be a real name for that, right?)
On a technical drawing it is called a "Break Line" or sometimes "Cut Line".
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Awesome. Thank you, Meinvt!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Zeiros
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Zeiros »

Hogscape wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit thick. I read the excellent session reports but couldn't find the answer to my question?

I think Harleys post should make it clear, but here is the bit from the thread I was speaking of where I talk about it.
wargamer777 wrote:
I need a clarification on something in this module. If the party heads up the west side of the keep and does NOT cause the avalanche of cyclopean stones, do they still see or come across the entrance to the B-1 area? I am a little confused as to how it is situated on the map.

Or will they see a different entrance once they enter the courtyard from the western broken down wall?

Zeiros Wrote:
This confused me initially too..but it didnt matter because my people triggered the avalanche. IF you do not trigger the avalanche you do not find that entrance to the tomb of the fallen at this point. There is another entrance After you clear the tower of the beast and head down the stairs you'll see the rear entrance at area 1-1
when the text says "enter from the North West" its referring to the entrance post avalanche. when the text reads " enter from the South East" its referring to the tunnel
at Area 1-1.... I was still confused about the Tomb having two entrances, so I played if the players found the one via the avalanche the second entrance didnt exist.
Hope that helps.
Scrying the land from The Tower of Zeiros
Hogscape
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hogscape »

Awesome, thanks so much folks!

My DCC debut is set for this Wednesday...
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hogscape wrote:Awesome, thanks so much folks!

My DCC debut is set for this Wednesday...
Best of luck, and enjoy it mightily!

This module is a blast to run.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”