Custom Character Sheets

Forum for discussing DCC RPG characters, classes, and character-related subjects.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Custom Character Sheets

Post by nerdwerds »

I like to make my own custom character sheets for games, and I thought that as I finish these sheets for DCC I would share them here.

Here are the download links for the different sheets:
The Cleric = http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89zj ... 2_1280.jpg
The Thief = http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m884t ... 2_1280.jpg
The Warrior = http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fpc ... 3_1280.jpg
The Wizard = http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8912 ... 2_1280.jpg

This is what they look like this:

ImageImage
ImageImage

FYI, I'm poor, so I don't have the money to splurge on a pdf editor. I'm also not willing to pirate one. I make all of my character sheets by hand and adding text using the fonts in my hard drive. It's pretty simplistic but I always end up with something that looks unique and is still comprehensive and functional.

THIEF Notes: I like my sheets to look visually interesting, and using the page 34 artwork seemed like a cool way of giving the sheet something unique. The attack bonus is meant to be written inside the body of the archer outline, though I don't think that's intuitively obvious. I organized the Thief skills at the bottom of the page according to Ability modifiers, but lacking a really logical way of putting them into a block led to the diagonal slant.

WIZARD Notes UPDATE: Added the Wizard character sheet. Just as the Thief sheet has a "slanted" view to mimic the way thieves look at the world I wanted this sheet to look uneven and off but in a subtle way, so many of the info boxes are of deliberately different sizes and use different fonts. Wizards are susceptible to corruption and I wanted this disconcerting concept to be mirrored by having uneven lines, but still being readable and easy to use. There's less artwork from the book here but Wizards require a lot of information. I managed to put a little wizard hand alongside the attack bonus, and that comes from page 358.

CLERIC Notes UPDATE: Added the Cleric character sheet. I wanted this to look cleaner with lots of straight lines and organized boxes. Again, there's less artwork (page 31) but Clerics are another class that uses informative stat blocks. There's not as much going on with the Cleric compared to the Wizard, but I wanted to have dedicated areas on the sheet for the Turn Unholy and Lay On Hands abilities. The

WARRIOR Notes UPDATE: This one was challenging for me because I wanted the stat blocks to look different than the previous three sheets, but the Warrior uses a lot of combat stats and very little information for anything else. Once I finished the topside I was left with this great empty space below, so I tried to make the lower boxes more interesting by using the Warrior artwork on pages 42 and 43. Having a really huge space for equipment and notes seemed unnecessary so I put in a place for an Order, but really this could be used for anything: follower or hireling stats, details for a castle, etc.
Last edited by nerdwerds on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"The Shamrock Shake is a frosty, minty symbol of all that we hold dear. It is shameful that we as a people cannot enjoy this proud, symbolic beverage any more than one week a year. Unless the British government loosens its iron grip on this most Irish of shakes, the streets will once again run red with English blood." - Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, the IRA's political wing.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Wizard's Asylum

Re: Custom Character Sheets

Post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

That character sheet looks awesome! I am looking forward to seeing how the others turn out.
Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
I (mainly) blog about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Reading: The Lair of Bones by David Farland.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Same here. My party's thieves will be overjoyed to use this.thanks
Primus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Primus »

I agree......awesome!
THE ONE AND THE PRIME....NEVER FORGOTTEN
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

The Wizard is up.
"The Shamrock Shake is a frosty, minty symbol of all that we hold dear. It is shameful that we as a people cannot enjoy this proud, symbolic beverage any more than one week a year. Unless the British government loosens its iron grip on this most Irish of shakes, the streets will once again run red with English blood." - Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, the IRA's political wing.
Hogscape
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hogscape »

I've only just spotted this post but I have to say these sheets are excellent. The right character sheet can really bring PCs to life.

Thanks heaps.
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

The Cleric sheet is up!
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Wizard's Asylum

Post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I like the additional sheets also - keep up the great work!
Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
I (mainly) blog about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Reading: The Lair of Bones by David Farland.
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

The Warrior is up. Sorry about the delay, I'm in the middle of moving.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Awesome sheets!
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Hey nerdwerds, these look great! Thanks for sharing :D
Terry Olson
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

Pesky wrote:Hey nerdwerds, these look great! Thanks for sharing :D
Thanks!

Does anybody know who the artist is for that trim around the Warrior sheet?

Also, I'm working on the Dwarf class next.
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

Nobody in my gaming group had made a Warrior until last night so I didn't realize that "Attack Bonus" is kind of redundant on that sheet.
Also, based on the notes my players take all of the sheets (especially the wizard) need a little reorganizing and a table that shows which modifiers for ability scores.

I've fixed them all.
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

After some feedback from players I've included "Weapon Training" sections and bigger sections for "Notes"

I still haven't worked on sheets for the Dwarf, Elf or Halfling - my group doesn't use the races as classes - but I do plan on putting them together once I have some more free time.

Return to “Characters”