Canadians?

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

bitflipr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Canadians?

Post by bitflipr »

It seems to me the OSR crowd in Canada is quite booming. How many here are Canadians?

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta myself. Would be cool if there were some DCC gamers close by.
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Canadians?

Post by funkaoshi »

There are a ton of people in Toronto, besides myself.
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

Is Quebec still part of Canada ???
(I haven't check in a while...)
Dumnbunny
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Kapow Comics, Cards and Games

Post by Dumnbunny »

Heh, I used to live in Edmonton up until a few years ago. Now I'm in Lethbridge, AB.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I live in Toronto.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

I live in Hamilton.
Galadrin
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Galadrin »

I live in Toronto, but I am moving soon!
bigironvault
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bigironvault »

Galadrin wrote:I live in Toronto, but I am moving soon!
We had much fun!

sooo... on a side note, there's a regular DCC RPG gaming group in the Mississauga area if anyone's interested.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

I'm in North Tonawanda NY do I qualify as a Canadian?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

bigironvault wrote:
Galadrin wrote:I live in Toronto, but I am moving soon!
We had much fun!

sooo... on a side note, there's a regular DCC RPG gaming group in the Mississauga area if anyone's interested.
If I had more free time, I would be there!

(Of course, I buy all of the DCC materials as soon as I can, so that could have been a problem if you are running modules!)

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
AnthonyRoberson
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by AnthonyRoberson »

I checked at Hairy T's and 401 Games in downtown Toronto and neither had even heard of the DCC RPG... :(
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

The Hairy T downtown had their books and carries other Goodman Games books. Maybe you weren't talking to the right staff member? They seem to have a shitty distributer, so they haven't got any new DCC RPG material since Sailors of the Starless Sea came out.
AnthonyRoberson
Far-Sighted Wanderer

funkaoshi wrote:The Hairy T downtown had their books and carries other Goodman Games books. Maybe you weren't talking to the right staff member? They seem to have a shitty distributer, so they haven't got any new DCC RPG material since Sailors of the Starless Sea came out.
Weird. I talked to the guy with the wild hair and beard and the young guy with the english? accent. I saw old Goodman stuff but no DCC rpg stuff. They also seemed clueless about Zocchi dice but I did get a 30-sider.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

AnthonyRoberson wrote:I checked at Hairy T's and 401 Games in downtown Toronto and neither had even heard of the DCC RPG... :(
Having bought DCC modules at Hairy T's, and having seen the book in the New Materials section there (they had a collector's cover just over a week ago), I am mighty surprised to hear this.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

funkaoshi wrote:The Hairy T downtown had their books and carries other Goodman Games books. Maybe you weren't talking to the right staff member? They seem to have a shitty distributer, so they haven't got any new DCC RPG material since Sailors of the Starless Sea came out.
Not so; I got my People of the Pit there.
SoBH pbp:

AnthonyRoberson
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Raven_Crowking wrote:
AnthonyRoberson wrote:I checked at Hairy T's and 401 Games in downtown Toronto and neither had even heard of the DCC RPG... :(
Having bought DCC modules at Hairy T's, and having seen the book in the New Materials section there (they had a collector's cover just over a week ago), I am mighty surprised to hear this.
Well that REALLY sucks. I definitely would have bought a collector's cover if I had seen one!
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

I think you probably bought the last copy they had. They seem to have trouble getting stuff stocked. I asked them to call me when stuff comes in with no real luck. I had asked Duelling Grounds to order stuff in, and they haven't followed up with that. I wish Toronto had one really great D&D shop. I think they all make money selling Magic Cards and running tournaments, everything else is an after thought.
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

I live in the States, but I'm marrying a Canadian at the end of this year and we are talking about moving up to Toronto together in two or three years from now. I know that may seem like a long time from now, but the prospect of meeting a bunch of diehard DCC roleplayers when I do finally move up there is exciting.
"The Shamrock Shake is a frosty, minty symbol of all that we hold dear. It is shameful that we as a people cannot enjoy this proud, symbolic beverage any more than one week a year. Unless the British government loosens its iron grip on this most Irish of shakes, the streets will once again run red with English blood." - Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, the IRA's political wing.
skinnyghost
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by skinnyghost »

I've got a group of eight playing DCC in Vancouver, BC.
Mr Black
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mr Black »

In Victoria here. Have a few people sporadically playing other OSR type games, but I want to get a group into DCC RPG soon.
Larcifer
Gongfarmer

Post by Larcifer »

Hey wild-eyed
We have a group here in edmonton (play in Sherwood park) if you are looking for a group we are new to DCC, but are always looking for more gamers. We are in our 30s and a few early 40s.
Juton
Gongfarmer

Post by Juton »

I'm new to Toronto and I'm still looking for a group.
bigironvault
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bigironvault »

Hey guys I'm still looking for fun and casual players to join my group --- please PM me.
orangefruitbat
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by orangefruitbat »

I've just moved from TO to Calgary. No gaming group here in Calgary yet, but at least I live close to the Sentry Box.

Anyone interested in a DCC game (or even something else) in the Calgary area, let me know.
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

FYI I started a mailing list for people into old-school gaming in Toronto. (It was mostly meant to track down people who were at OSRCon that I didn't talk to.) It's pretty quiet, but there if you want to find other Toronto gamers. That's the theory, anyway.

If anyone is on Google+ add me as well.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”