Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Next Batch of Modules
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

First, let me just say that this year has been the most fun I've had playing games since I cast my first D20. DCC RPG has become my favorite game for fantasy adventures. Prior to snagging the rulebook and Sailors on the Starless Sea, I had never purchased or run a single module in my twelve year gaming career. Since then, I've snatched up every new release as soon as it hits the streets. Seriousk

Once the 13th Skull Drops later this month we'll only have three more to go before the initial batch are released. My only questions is: what's next? I know GG is ramping up for the second printing of DCC RPG, but are we going to see anything new announced or released before the year is out?

Post subject: Re: Next Batch of Modules
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:36 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

We need more 1st and 2nd options. And 0s too. :-)

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

More adventures are definitely in the pipeline. An 8th level (?!) adventure is in playtesting and I'm working on a level 2 adventure right now. Michael recently finished up a level 3 adventure with the most gorgeous Kovacs cover ever. And there is discussion around including adventures in the Annual.

I'm sure there are others, but Joseph won't let us peek up from our scrivener desks long enough to see ...

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Harley speaks the truth! There's a whole lot going on behind the scenes, and Joseph is putting us through our paces to make sure the DCC adventure supply chain keeps everybody happily entertained for a long time to come. I'd write more, but the guy with the hood and great big axe Joseph sent to keep me company is making threatening noises. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:54 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Can I put in a request for the annual please?

Would it be possible to include some comprehensive guidelines on converting 'old' material to the DCC RPG please?

I would like to know the best and easiest way to convert 1e, 2e, 3e and B/X or RC material for DCC RPG. Having it officially in print would be very handy. I have seen forum info about just halving the level but is there not a bit more to it than that? Get a handy conversion system going and you will open up a massive resource for players...although you may have to call it an OSRIC/LL/C&C converter?

This seems like something for an annual to me :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

RevTurkey wrote:
Can I put in a request for the annual please?

Would it be possible to include some comprehensive guidelines on converting 'old' material to the DCC RPG please?

I would like to know the best and easiest way to convert 1e, 2e, 3e and B/X or RC material for DCC RPG. Having it officially in print would be very handy. I have seen forum info about just halving the level but is there not a bit more to it than that? Get a handy conversion system going and you will open up a massive resource for players...although you may have to call it an OSRIC/LL/C&C converter?

This seems like something for an annual to me :D

What about 4e material too? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm planning on running the Punjar adventure path soon. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

bitflipr wrote:
What about 4e material too? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm planning on running the Punjar adventure path soon. :mrgreen:

Nice! Not as outlandish as it sounds. Sellswords and both M1 and M2 are right out of Appendix N.

These are almost proto-DCC RPG adventures; at the time I was trying to go "back to the source" for adventure ideas.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

That leads me to ask a question actually would you change anything in the "Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel" free rpg day 2008 book for DCC? I mean it really system neutral so you don't have to worry about stats or any conversions, but just curious if there would be anything from it that you just don't see fitting to well into the DCC context.

(let me also say this is one of my FAVORITE rpg tools it is like my go to city for things and I can't imagine running a game without it and would LOVE to see more little books like this put out for the world)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

mindshadow2k wrote:
That leads me to ask a question actually would you change anything in the "Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel" free rpg day 2008 book for DCC? I mean it really system neutral so you don't have to worry about stats or any conversions, but just curious if there would be anything from it that you just don't see fitting to well into the DCC context.

(let me also say this is one of my FAVORITE rpg tools it is like my go to city for things and I can't imagine running a game without it and would LOVE to see more little books like this put out for the world)

I'm just guessing here, but references to Dragonborn and Tieflings would probably be removed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

DCC has casted a Raise Dead on my RPG gaming! Now if I can animate my dead party of players. Keep the modules coming. So far they all kick the hindquarters good when the party shows up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Harley Stroh wrote:
Not as outlandish as it sounds. Sellswords and both M1 and M2 are right out of Appendix N.

I don't have the M-series modules but I do have the rest of the Punjar modules. I agree, very Appendix N in flavor. But I wish they weren't all done in 4E. :(

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson