DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC RPG Alternate Cover #2

Post by goodmangames »

Icetower wrote:Will there be a pre-order for the new cover? I like it.
Yes there will be a pre-order option as soon as the cover art is complete and ready to show off.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

goodmangames wrote:
Yes there will be a pre-order option as soon as the cover art is complete and ready to show off.
:mrgreen:

Is there going to be another incentive module? The last kicked hound!

:mrgreen:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Is there going to be another incentive module?
Ooooh, yeah, that'd probably pry my poor, flat, empty wallet open for Goodman Games once again.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

goodmangames wrote:
Since you're answering questions...

Can I get a rough estimate of exactly how much more of my money you are going to get me to spend by putting out great products? My wife is starting to get suspicious of all the things that keep magically showing up on my shelf....

:D
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Jim Skach wrote:
goodmangames wrote:
Since you're answering questions...

Can I get a rough estimate of exactly how much more of my money you are going to get me to spend by putting out great products? My wife is starting to get suspicious of all the things that keep magically showing up on my shelf....

Depends on whether you want your son's name spelled correctly in the playtester credits. $100 more gets you accurate spelling. ;)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

goodmangames wrote:
Jim Skach wrote:Since you're answering questions...

Depends on whether you want your son's name spelled correctly in the playtester credits. $100 more gets you accurate spelling. ;)
:lol:

Collin suits him just fine...it's the least he can do so that I can buy two more copies of DCC when the 2nd printing hits...

So if I understand this all correctly, one will be what has been deemed the "standard" cover, and one will be a new cover. Both will contain incorporated errata and an index. Is that correct?

If so...when I'm gazing longingly at the books on my shelf before I take one down to use..how will I tell the 1st printing Standard Cover from the 2nd Printing Standard Cover? I mean, can you imagine the chaos of wanting the one with the index and accidentally grabbing the 1st printing instead?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

In order to prevent the galaxy from collapsing in on itself should a DCC RPG fan inadvertently grab the wrong printing of their book, we have taken strict measures! Never fear, the galaxy is safe.

The 2nd printing is actually being done at a different printer that has slightly different house stock. The spine is slightly thinner. It won't be noticeable "normally" but if you put it side by side with the 1st printing it will be a little thinner.

So Jim, you will know which copy has the index. :)

To answer the other question earlier in the thread, no plans for an additional "pre-order module." Although given how cool the new cover is, I think there needs to be a module built around it at some point. It just screams out for adventure. Maybe for Free RPG Day '13.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Dumnbunny
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Kapow Comics, Cards and Games

Post by Dumnbunny »

I have the gold foil cover, and I was already tempted to grab the standard blue cover. Two more covers to tempt me, eh? Good thing I have a very understanding wife :D .
themightyeroc
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by themightyeroc »

goodmangames wrote:
finarvyn wrote:This looks awesome, but the term "alternate cover #2" is confusing. Here's the way I see it:
  • Gold Foil Cover (1st print)
  • Regular blue cover (1st print)
  • Regular blue cover (2nd print)
  • Alternate cover #1 / October (2nd print)
  • Alternate cover #2 / December (2nd print)
So the October version should be alternate #1, right?

Well, you're the boss. Call 'em as you see 'em! :lol:
Yes, this can start getting confusing. Okay, how about we just call this one "the wizard cover"?

OK, so the Wizard cover will be available in October 2012, right?
Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIE!
worldoferoc.blogspot.com
nerdwerds
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by nerdwerds »

I will buy every variation of cover, incentive module or not.
"The Shamrock Shake is a frosty, minty symbol of all that we hold dear. It is shameful that we as a people cannot enjoy this proud, symbolic beverage any more than one week a year. Unless the British government loosens its iron grip on this most Irish of shakes, the streets will once again run red with English blood." - Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, the IRA's political wing.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Funny story: Somehow, before today, I had only ever seen the second page of this topic. Which means I've only just now seen the sketch for the cover!

Doug, that composition has a strong Jack Kirby vibe... Which means I better start saving up my pennies, shekels, rupis and any other odd change in front of me...

How limited will these alternate cover versions be? i.e., would such be available at the Impressions' booth at DunDraCon if I were to wait that long?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Doug's got the finished, full cover original hanging at his booth here at GenCon. I took a picture (w/ my phone's crappy camera) but it just doesn't even come close to capturing how awesome it looks. Hopefully there'll be an official reveal soon.
Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

Can't wait to get a copy with this cover!
Last edited by Icetower on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
See my gaming blog at orcsamongus!
pmullen
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by pmullen »

That cover looks great!!!! Thanks for posting that!

pmullen
Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

Seeing it in the flesh at GenCon was pure awesome.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
Orcsamongus.com
Last edited by Icetower on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Aethelwulf22 wrote:
Vanguard wrote:Hmmmm. . . .I'm not sure how I can justify owning three core rulebooks.
I know what you mean. I already have both the standard and limited versions but the art is just so damn awesome I'm going to have to get one! Better start saving already...
Technically, they aren't the same book when you consider errata and such ;) ...and if you need an excuse to get a new core rulebook, you can always give one to a friend :P (I think I have gifted 4 so far...)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

A quick update for those looking forward to the alternate cover in October. I will be moving the release date out to December. The good part of this is that the cover will be "unveiled" soon, with the later release date, and that will give some time for the pre-order bonus item to be completed. No, it's not a module, but it is quite cool. More details to come soon!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

goodmangames wrote:A quick update for those looking forward to the alternate cover in October. I will be moving the release date out to December. The good part of this is that the cover will be "unveiled" soon, with the later release date, and that will give some time for the pre-order bonus item to be completed. No, it's not a module, but it is quite cool. More details to come soon!
Cool, thanks for the update! Please make sure that Santa's elves are updated accordingly. :wink:
Terry Olson
IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

goodmangames wrote:A quick update for those looking forward to the alternate cover in October. I will be moving the release date out to December. The good part of this is that the cover will be "unveiled" soon, with the later release date, and that will give some time for the pre-order bonus item to be completed. No, it's not a module, but it is quite cool. More details to come soon!
Excellent! Now I can justify another copy as a Christmas present to myself! Looking forward to the pre-order.
Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

Can't wait!
-Daniel W. Cisek-
Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

I hope you post the new cover soon, I have the original in my house (Anniversary gift from the wife) and it is so amazing! I don't want to scoop you and post a pic on my blog (but oh, so tempting). I'm really excited to order this cover when you guys are ready to offer it up for sale! Thanks to Doug Kovacs for this amazing work of art, it will displayed in my home with honor and prestige.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

All these covers is why goodman games should put out another, different DCC RPG book!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Cover art was posted today at http://www.goodman-games.com/5070Wpreview.html

And for those who missed it:

Nice work, Doug!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

goodmangames wrote:Cover art was posted today at http://www.goodman-games.com/5070Wpreview.html

Nice work, Doug!
Nice work, indeed! Flames of Awesomeness! :D
Terry Olson
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

I'm not usually a limited edition kinda guy, but I just preordered this (and I have the first ed) simply because that cover is freakin' awesome. Just awesome.

Return to “DCC RPG General”