Emerald Enchanter - Corruption of Shana Dahaka!

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Colin

Emerald Enchanter - Corruption of Shana Dahaka!

Post by Colin »

So, anyone else wonder what corruption she'll have picked up? :)

Colin
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Emerald Enchanter - Corruption of Shana Dahaka!

Post by goodmangames »

Heh heh heh :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

While driving home from my FLGS after having picked up my copy, my girlfriend sat in the car beside me flipping through checking out the art as she does every time we pick up a new gaming product.

Then, out of the blue and with such gusto that I actually hit the brakes and looked around for the animal I thought I must be about to hit if she is shouting like that, she says "Oh my god, are those antlers coming out of her eyes?!"

To which there is only one reply I could give "I sure hope so."

DCC has become an instant institution in our house - and picking up the newest module is one of the only things I know of that my girlfriend insists upon waking up early on a workday for, and then it is just so that she can page through and look at the art without delay.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Looking at the pic, with the strands of energy coming from her eyes (yeah, the electrical/energy bolts do look a bit like antlers), I'm guessing she'll have freakish eyes, like maybe black eyes with white pupils.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Colin wrote:So, anyone else wonder what corruption she'll have picked up? :)

Colin
Look at the Free RPG Day module. If memory serves, the illustrations in The Undulating Corruption should be a clue!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Just looked. There's a female wizard in one pic who looks vaguely like Shana, but it's not clear from the pic if it's definitely supposed to be her, whether she's gaining the corruption, or whether she had said corruption already. Then again, it is for 5th level characters, so it could be a future version of Shana. There is a pic of Shana in "Stardust" however, that looks kinda like she might have black eyes with white pupils, but that could just be artistic style and due to the pic being relatively small.

Colin
Doug Kovacs
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Doug Kovacs »

I'm fairly sure the interiors for Stardust were done before the Emerald Enchanter. The fact that I don't know what I just did a couple months ago tells you something about the volume of work I have been producing.

Shana's eyes might temporarily change when she's casting though.

Additionally. as far as I know any character you find in an illustration created by an artist other than me that seems to have a band member in it is coincidental resemblance. I'm pretty much responsible for what they look like and much of what happens to them.
DOUG KOVACS
Artist/Illustrator
dk@dougkovacs.com
http://dougkovacs.com
The Drain Chamber (Blog)
http://dougkovacs.com/dkblog/
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks, Doug. So, we won't know how Shana has been corrupted until the next module (Jewels of the Carnifex) is released (assuming the art for it wasn't done before the image of Shana being subject to Corruption)?

Colin

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”