The Emerald Enchanter

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

The Emerald Enchanter

Post by Vanguard »

What's the street date on this? I know you give me the exact day, but is it first, second, third, etc week of July? Also, one thing I noticed was the lack of level 2 support. This is the only full adventure so far for DCC. The Free RPG Day module has a short one, as does the 13th Skull, but are we going to get any more adventures for this level before the year is out?
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: The Emerald Enchanter

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Vanguard wrote:What's the street date on this? I know you give me the exact day, but is it first, second, third, etc week of July? Also, one thing I noticed was the lack of level 2 support. This is the only full adventure so far for DCC. The Free RPG Day module has a short one, as does the 13th Skull, but are we going to get any more adventures for this level before the year is out?
Bone Hoard of the Dancing Horror is in final approval stage now, and is for Level 2 characters.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Vanguard wrote:What's the street date on this? I know you give me the exact day, but is it first, second, third, etc week of July? Also, one thing I noticed was the lack of level 2 support. This is the only full adventure so far for DCC. The Free RPG Day module has a short one, as does the 13th Skull, but are we going to get any more adventures for this level before the year is out?
Online pre-orders have already shipped. The distributor ship date is next Monday the 2nd, meaning a store with prompt ordering in close proximity (1-day ship) to their distributor could have it as soon as Tuesday. However, with July 4th affecting some distributor schedules, I am planning to announce the module as officially available on Monday July 9. Perhaps a little long winded but that will explain why some stores may have the adventure sooner than others.

As far as levels go, I believe in the "level pyramid." Low level modules are most popular and make up the base of the pyramid with the greatest sales. Mid level modules are next, then high level. Ultimately I plan for DCC RPG to have more low level than high level modules. In the initial ramp, however, there is a need for examples from varying levels. You will get your wish for more level 2 modules, just not immediately. :)

(And yes, I know there are lots of people who want high or epic level modules. I am told that every time I mention this. But after publishing 100 or so modules I have some data to go on, and the low level modules consistently sell better.)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mechalibur
Gongfarmer

Post by Mechalibur »

So, does that mean the pdf version is available for purchase July 9?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Mechalibur wrote:So, does that mean the pdf version is available for purchase July 9?
Yes indeed!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

The FLGS (YottaQuest in Cincinnati) received their copies today, so I swung by after work to pick mine up!
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Assuming the Strategist has any left, I will be grabbing this one today.
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I already got the pdf so I could read it.....This is just another of a long list of DCC modules that is well and truly "out of the ballpark".

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

My group loved this adventure as did I. 8 characters went into the dungeon & 8 came out. 2 Neutral clerics in the party ensured that of the 7 deaths that occurred, none bled out & all were saved in the nick of time by the healing powers of Amun Tor.

I couldn't find the Caster Level for the Enchanter but I assumed Level 5.

I made some scenery for the adventure. I'll post a couple of photos later.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”