Snow White and the Huntsman

Appendix N is the literary wellspring of the DCC RPG. Discuss it here, along with related subjects: D&D history, pulp sci-fi/fantasy magazines, pre-genre literature, etc.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Snow White and the Huntsman

Post by caveman »

This flick was pretty darn App N. reminded me of Legend.
Highly recommended.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Snow White and the Huntsman

Post by finarvyn »

You beat me to it! I saw this yesterday and felt like it was very "Appendix N" in feel.
* Dark magic and dark mages
* Non-comedic dwarves
* Not always a happy outcome for everyone
* Scary woods full of creepies

A much better movie than I expected, and Kristen Stewart did a better job of Snow White than I anticipated.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
oktoberguard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by oktoberguard »

I saw this with my wife the other day and I was surprised that I liked pretty much everything about the movie other than Kristen Stewart.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

The "mirror" was a great representation of a Patron. The wizard gets lots of power, but is essentially trapped in a very destructive relationship...:)

I really liked the movie and didn't really mind Kristen Stewart too much. The dwarves were a high point, though they faded into the background after a while. The only thing that I can remember that made me roll my eyes was the "assault on the castle." Other than that, fun movie with lots of extractable gold for the home game.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile

Return to “Appendix N”