Outstanding!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Outstanding!

Post by RevTurkey »

Just wanted to say,

These DCCRPG modules are fantastic.

I LOVE the handout 4-9 in the inside cover of 'People Of The Pit' it's awesome :D
The maps are the best I ever saw, they ooze flavour.

The adventures look new and interesting instead of reworkings of old modules.

Cool.
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Outstanding!

Post by tovokas »

Yeah, Doug's maps are consistenly super-groovy!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
oktoberguard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by oktoberguard »

I concur. I haven't run a published module for my friends for ages because so many of them are just awful, but everything about "Sailors on the Starless Sea" is just great. The maps, the encounters, the background... I love it all. My players are really enjoying it, even if we've lost more than half of our original adventuring party.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

oktoberguard wrote:I concur. I haven't run a published module for my friends for ages because so many of them are just awful, but everything about "Sailors on the Starless Sea" is just great. The maps, the encounters, the background... I love it all. My players are really enjoying it, even if we've lost more than half of our original adventuring party.
I was this way for a long time. When my friends moved from OD&D to AD&D (1980 or so) they also moved into the realm of modules, but support for OD&D modules was bleak and so I mostly created my own adventures instead of buying any.

When the OD&D revival began shortly after 2000, I started buying up some of the classic modules and running them but found that many weren't as good as I expected. The only 3E modules I found at all interesting were through Goodman Games in the DCC line. I converted some to older rules, but sometimes just read them.

This new DCC line (#67+) is nothing short of fantastic so far. The maps are cool, the monsters are creepy, the style is really cool. And I've had a chance to look at a couple of the 3PP products (Frawgs and Bone Hoard) and they are great as well.

This is indeed a great time to buy modules! :D
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

oktoberguard wrote:I concur. I haven't run a published module for my friends for ages because so many of them are just awful, but everything about "Sailors on the Starless Sea" is just great. The maps, the encounters, the background... I love it all. My players are really enjoying it, even if we've lost more than half of our original adventuring party.
You swine! You can't get a copy of it in the UK for love nor money. Your praise is not making my wait any easier. I may have to order direct from GG.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)

Return to “DCC RPG General”