Brave Halfling -- Adventure Toolkit product line

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Brave Halfling -- Adventure Toolkit product line

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

I have these DCC modules scheduled for release:

“Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #2: “The Crumbling Tower.” A young magic-user's apprentice failed to return home for the fall holiday and you and your companions are sent to investigate what has happened to him. This is a level 1 module and will ship in September 2012.

“Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #3: “Danger in the Sulyndri Forrest.” Deep in the Sulyndri Forrest, sightings of strange, one-eyed, one-horned reptilian humanoids are becoming more common. Now, two entire groups of loggers have gone missing. Elders from three local hamlets have offered to provide a few parcels of land to you and your party if you agree to investigate and deal with whatever is haunting the Forrest. This is level 3 module and will ship in November 2012.

“Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #4: “The Revenge of Abudakar.” A special doorway through time offers your party a chance to right a great wrong. But this is no task for the weak of arm or heart. Terrible evils and great perils await you beyond the threshold! This is an epic, level 5 module and will ship in January 2013.

"Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #5: "The Old Isle Campaign Setting." This product will include a 11" x 17" color campaign map, a digest Player's and Referee's Guide. While all Appendix N Adventures are generic and can be placed into any campaign, they all do have specific locations in the Old Isle Setting. This campaign setting will ship in April 2013.
John Adams
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: 3PP Product Listing

Post by finarvyn »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:I have these DCC modules scheduled for release
John, these sound amazing! You really are busy! 8)

Oh, and I decided that this was a significant enough announcement to give it its own thread. I updated the basic product information in the main 3PP thread, however.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: 3PP Product Listing

finarvyn wrote:
Coleston the Cavalier wrote:I have these DCC modules scheduled for release
John, these sound amazing! You really are busy! 8)

Oh, and I decided that this was a significant enough announcement to give it its own thread. I updated the basic product information in the main 3PP thread, however.
Thanks, Marv. These are all listed in the kickstarter.
John Adams
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Brave Halfling -- Adventure Toolkit product line

Post by sheriffharry »

Just out of curiosity, how do you intend to proceed with the additional "backers" material (NPCs, monsters, locations, etc.) ?
I assume some kind of coordination will be needed, unless you prefer a "patchwork" feel (which may also be a good way to go).
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

sheriffharry wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do you intend to proceed with the additional "backers" material (NPCs, monsters, locations, etc.) ?
I assume some kind of coordination will be needed, unless you prefer a "patchwork" feel (which may also be a good way to go).
I am thinking of a private, temporary forum to work all that out, but I will take suggestions. :)
John Adams
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

Many of you may have gotten a kickstarter update, but just in case I wanted to post something. John said:
Adventure Toolkit #5: “Perplexing Disappearances in Brambury.” The peaceful serenity of the halfling hamlet of Brambury has been shattered as cattle continue to vanish nightly without a trace. Will you and your companions brave this mystery and discover the nefarious evil that surely haunts the countryside around Brambury? This is level 2 module and will ship in April 2013.
A couple of questions for John:
1. Does this Toolkit replace the "Old Isle Campaign Setting" in the earlier sequence? (Old Isle was listed as #5 in the earlier post.)

2. Is Old Isle designed to be a DCC product?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
Colin

Post by Colin »

finarvyn wrote:A couple of questions for John:
1. Does this Toolkit replace the "Old Isle Campaign Setting" in the earlier sequence? (Old Isle was listed as #5 in the earlier post.)
Nope, it's been slotted in between #4 and #6 which is the Old Isle at $15,000. It's obviously just an extra incentive added in between #4 and the Old Isle at #5 which was $15,000 before, still is, and would've been a big step otherwise (from $10,000 at 4 to $15,000 at 5).

He also said this on his Kickstarter update page:
Second, many folks who’s wisdom I take very seriously have offered me ideas on how to add something to a pledge level as a way of enticing folks to upgrade their pledge by $10 or $20. But the more I have considered it, the more I have come back to the basic reason for this kickstarter, jump-starting the Appendix N Adventure line of modules in support of the DCC RPG. So instead, I have decided to add yet one more additional module as Bonus Goal #5 ($12,500): “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #5: “Perplexing Disappearances in Brambury.”
finarvyn wrote:2. Is Old Isle designed to be a DCC product?
Also from his Kickstarter update page:
However, from the first time I got to read some of the early DCC RPG play-test material, I knew this campaign setting had found a new home! So my friends, if this kickstarter reaches $15,000, everyone who has pledged $20 or more will also receive a pdf copy and a print copy of, Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #5: "The Old Isle Campaign Setting." This product will include a 11" x 17" color campaign map, a digest Player's and Referee's Guide. While all Appendix N Adventures are generic and can be placed into any campaign, they all do have specific locations in the Old Isle Setting. How's that for the first update? :) Again, that's so much for your support!
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Thanks, Colin!

Yes, I just added another Appendix N Adventure Toolkit module to the kickstarter at the $12,500 level and gave it the series number I was going to give the Old Isle Campaign setting. And yes, the campaign setting is for the DCCV RPG. :)
John Adams
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

I was in talking to my local game store guy today and he was asking me about Brave Halfling and what kind of product would come from this kickstart.

I told him that I've dealt with John before, and had conversations on the phone as well as exchanged e-mails. John is a solid guy and BHP is a solid company.

He said he was planning on becoming a $100-level "collector" in the kickstart so that he could get those extra modules at a really good price. He was planning on keeping one for hiimself and selling the rest in his store. If you have any contacts at your local game store, and if they show any interest in the DCC RPG, you might suggest this idea.
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

John,

When am I going to be able to buy these modules? The Ruins of Ramat has got great cover art, that calls out to investigate the module further.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Raven_Crowking wrote:John,

When am I going to be able to buy these modules? The Ruins of Ramat has got great cover art, that calls out to investigate the module further.

Daniel
The Ruins of Ramat and The Vile Worm will be available in October directly form BHP and in game stores around the world.
John Adams
Sebacore
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sebacore »

Must stay up to day with the release schedule. These look and sound great.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:John,

Daniel
The Ruins of Ramat and The Vile Worm will be available in October directly form BHP and in game stores around the world.
In that case, I believe that my "joyous dance" is entirely appropriate!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Wait, when should we expect the #1 and #1A?
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by sheriffharry on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Hasn't this been covered in his blog & the updates already?

First shipment goes out in September.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Blood Axe wrote:Hasn't this been covered in his blog & the updates already?

First shipment goes out in September.
That is correct. :)
John Adams

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”