Dare You Disturb the Bone Hoard?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Dare You Disturb the Bone Hoard?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am going to run a test of Bone Hoard of the Dancing Horror for 5-8 players on Unseen Servant (unseen servant.us). If you are interested, PM me on the Unseen Servant boards. 2nd level characters for the adventure may be created using the Purple Sorcerer higher-level character generator at purplesorcerer.com. As soon as I have 5 characters (or 8, if enough people respond), I'll be starting....so don't hesitate!

Then, when the module becomes available from Purple Duck Games, you can run your own players through it......
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Dare You Disturb the Bone Hoard?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

115 views, and only two people willing to try their luck? Really?

C'mon, guys! It's good, creepy fun!

The Purple Sorcerer high level character generator can be used to create a 2nd level character in no time at all. Or you can use a character you've already been playing. What have you got to lose?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by phg »

Raven_Crowking wrote:115 views, and only two people willing to try their luck? Really?

C'mon, guys! It's good, creepy fun!

The Purple Sorcerer high level character generator can be used to create a 2nd level character in no time at all. Or you can use a character you've already been playing. What have you got to lose?
It might be that the playing online is more of a barrier than willingness to explore... :) Haven't heard of Unseen Servant before.... Pretty easy to get going with?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Unseen Servant is literally a message board whose sole purpose is to host online games. I've been running Barrowmaze there using the DCC rules, and have had a blast so far.
SoBH pbp:

funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

I've never play a play-by-post game, but I have signed up on the board (funkaoshi) and i'm willing to give it a go.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

funkaoshi wrote:I've never play a play-by-post game, but I have signed up on the board (funkaoshi) and i'm willing to give it a go.
Okay. As soon as PCs are posted, we can begin.
SoBH pbp:

gambler1650
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by gambler1650 »

Any room left here? Also, if using the 2nd Level Character Generator to make a Wizard, how do you want to handle Mercurial Magic? Rolls offline good enough, or should that be done in a thread on the Unseen Servant?

Thanks!
Robert Gamble
Colin

Post by Colin »

We could certainly use a wizbang; currently we've a thief, a cleric, and two warriors.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

gambler1650 wrote:Any room left here? Also, if using the 2nd Level Character Generator to make a Wizard, how do you want to handle Mercurial Magic? Rolls offline good enough, or should that be done in a thread on the Unseen Servant?

Thanks!
Robert Gamble
I sent you a message on Unseen Servant. If you can get your character in today, you are good to go. You can roll your Mercurial Magic...I'm willing to trust you. Besides, even the worst rolls on the MM chart lead to interesting play...nothing there should really be shunned IMHO.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

I'm interested, but can't get online until usually past midnight EST. (I work 2nd shift.)

Is this a problem? And/or are you full up with players?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

This is a play-by-post, not a skype-type thing. You just have to be able to post.

They are dealing with the first encounter now; if you make a character and get an Unseen Servant ID, I can still add you to the group. After this encounter, though, the doors are closed!
SoBH pbp:

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Drat--gonna have to sit this one out. Maybe next time.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”