Aerial Adventure Guide/Question about Sellaine

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Dominictus

Aerial Adventure Guide/Question about Sellaine

Post by Dominictus »

I just bought the Aerial Adventure Guide. I'm running a Sky-based campaign and this seemed like a must-have. It has given me quite a few new ideas that I am incorporating. Over-all, it is a very nice book!

I do however have questions about Sellaine. I have designed several sky-cities of my own, and was looking forward to dropping Sellaine right into my world... BUT-

What in the heck is the picture on page 59? I have re-read the text descriptions of Sellaine.. and they just don't match. The text describes it as an inverted cone, with what sounds like concentric rings going down the insides, The picture... I have no clue. It looks like a stack of plates that don't touch. Anyone care to comment?

My second question has to do with the suggested population of 15,000. That seems pretty large. I can't find a scale or size reference in the text; how BIG is Sellaine supposed to be?

Thanks,
Don
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

You're reading the text right. Sellaine is shaped like a series of "donut-layers" stacked on top of each other. That's conveyed easily enough in writing, but is hard to illustrate short of architectural drawings... hence the picture. In the diagram, the "walls" of the city had to be removed so the interior could be seen. (The oval-shaped gray "fuzz" represents the cloud material around the city.) Each tier (or plate, as you mentioned) has a hole in the center, and the descend from top to bottom. They should be more of a cone shape to get across the conical nature of their arrangement.

Does that make it any better? Evidently the illustration didn't do its job if it's that confusing!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”