DCC RPG at Gen Con 2012

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

DCC RPG at Gen Con 2012

Post by Harley Stroh »

Both Doug Kovacs and I will be in attendance. There might by some of the other writers coming as well (Tavis Allison, Mike Curtis, and some others).

I'm running two DCC RPG events on Friday and two more on Saturday: Blades Against Death and Fate's Fell Hand. And then hopefully some pickup games in the evenings once Doug is free.

Should be a good, busy con!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: DCC RPG at Gen Con 2012

Post by mythfish »

I'm planning on being there as well, but probably only for Saturday so I'm not running anything. I'd love to play in a Harley-run session though. :)
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

After all these years, it would be *awesome* to run a game for you, D.

Edit: Didn't we first meet at the White Wolf party? Seems like we were elbowing for drinks at the bar while watching the girls in the caution tape dance. I think Mouser and Fafhrd would have appreciated that night.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I'll be at Gen Con and would love to play in a game. The event tickets always sell out while I'm buying my True Dungeon tickets. I miss the Goodman Games events every year. Any chance I could grab a spot at the table? I'll bring cookies or beer if that will help get me in the game. Heck I'll bring cookies and beer. :D
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Hey, cool; my GF and I played in your Saturday afternoon DCC RPG event at GaryCon, and we both had a great time (I was Maedoff the cleric, she was the thief that died at the end leaping from "Adanax the Awesome"s flaming oil deathtrap.

So, we too will be in Indy this August and naturally, we'll be trying to get tickets to one or more of your GenCon events. Hope to see you there!

-Rick
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

R I C K!

Awesome! (You guys we're great players ... if I recall, you made it out of the conflagration alive.) I'd *love* to run more games for you both.

If all else fails, we can try to find some open gaming tables in the evenings.

//H

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Harley Stroh wrote:Both Doug Kovacs and I will be in attendance. There might by some of the other writers coming as well (Tavis Allison, Mike Curtis, and some others).

I'm running two DCC RPG events on Friday and two more on Saturday: Blades Against Death and Fate's Fell Hand. And then hopefully some pickup games in the evenings once Doug is free.

Should be a good, busy con!

//H
Can we bring our own characters...level 1?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Absolutely!

But for the con, we'll need 3rd level PCs. Feel free to roll them up and post here. Maybe we'll do some online dice rolls and see how your PCs fair on the Seas of Fate.

Edit: And just to be safe, roll up 3.

//H

Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

I'll be there! Love to get in on one of those games, I'll be checking the Event Catalog tonight.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
See my gaming blog at orcsamongus!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Man .. I panicked when I logged in to the Gen Con catalog and only two of my events came up. Yeesh.

Anyhow, if you search by Game System: "Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG" , all four games should come up. And I'll definitely be trying to run games outside of the schedule, as well.

//H

DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Harley Stroh wrote:Man .. I panicked when I logged in to the Gen Con catalog and only two of my events came up. Yeesh.

Anyhow, if you search by Game System: "Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG" , all four games should come up. And I'll definitely be trying to run games outside of the schedule, as well.

//H
I would like to play in one of your games. I will be working the True Dungeon event during the times for the four listed games. How can I grab a spot at the table for one of these side games?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Harley Stroh wrote:Man .. I panicked when I logged in to the Gen Con catalog and only two of my events came up. Yeesh.

//H
Tonight (tomorrow..whenever it opens), I will be trying to get the kids and I into the official games; but I'll be interested to hear about any side games!
Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

Awesome! Got in both games, Friday at 4 and Saturday at 10. See ya there!
-Daniel W. Cisek-
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Icetower wrote:Awesome! Got in both games, Friday at 4 and Saturday at 10. See ya there!
I got aced out again! :x I had DCC RPG in the #1 slot on my list of events and clicked at noon on the dot. I ended up as order #1982 and after 33 minutes all DCC events were sold out.

Icetower
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Icetower »

Wow. I clicked at noon and was number 647. Had these as my top two.
-Daniel W. Cisek-
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Count me in as really interested in the games on the side, as neither my GF* or me got in the official ones.

*Did I mention that she likes to bake cookies before we game, and that she's very good at it? :wink:
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Icetower wrote:Wow. I clicked at noon and was number 647. Had these as my top two.
I guess my internet service is slower than 1900+ other people. I plan on buying generic tickets so if I show up early to a 0level game could you try to squeeze me in? I really want to play this game. If you are unable to find room for me I think I might try to run a game after hours myself. I'm just gonna grab a table and set up shop. I'm gonna play this game at Gencon even if I have to run it myself. :)

Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Now I feel bad...

Clicked at noon. I was 441 in line. Got both games for myself and both my kids.

So look on the bright side - you won't be forced to play with a couple of kids!
liberator
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by liberator »

Yah...I was like #3278 or something....so...yah....makes for an interesting registration!

I'm looking forward to GenCon this year and checking out more Goodman stuff. I'm trying to decide if I want to haul my book down and run a game on the side or not.
Playing: Call of Cthulhu- The Yellow Sign, Swords and Wizardry
Running: Dark Sun (2e)-Gladiators of Nibenay!, Icons- Agents of Change
Planning: Something awesome!

If you're in the Twin Cities...let's grab a cup of Joe or a mug of beer and talk gaming!
tburke0
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by tburke0 »

Jim Skach wrote:Now I feel bad...

Clicked at noon. I was 441 in line. Got both games for myself and both my kids.

So look on the bright side - you won't be forced to play with a couple of kids!
I was also at the bum's rush (#1622) Amazingly got into the 4pm Friday with my son (14). We're both really looking forward to it!!
bigironvault
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bigironvault »

Will there be a booth full of yummy products? I'd be looking to purchase a few.
tburke0
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by tburke0 »

I was planning to pick up the rule book at the con myself, but I just couldn't wait... (yea, I'm still running downstairs at 5am on Christmas morning...) GoldFoil edition internetted! Looking forward the modules etc if they're for sale in the dealers' hall.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Are any 3PP going to represent at Gen Con this year? I can't make it myself, but I was wondering if someone we know will have a booth? I'd like to get my zine sold over there. I just can't do it myself.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

reverenddak wrote:Are any 3PP going to represent at Gen Con this year? I can't make it myself, but I was wondering if someone we know will have a booth? I'd like to get my zine sold over there. I just can't do it myself.
I wish...
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG Community”