Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:27 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

robertsconley wrote:

Personally I think what missing in adventures being written today is the idea that the player can win the dungeon itself. Not just clear it out and get all the stuff but actually use the dungeon/town/tower itself.

Indeed. Thats the way more than a few of my characters ended up with nifty places.

Castles & Crusades and Lejendary Adventure Artist

Post subject: PDF?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:54 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Will the JG modules make it to PDF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:04 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

robertsconley wrote:
Personally I think what missing in adventures being written today is the idea that the player can win the dungeon itself. Not just clear it out and get all the stuff but actually use the dungeon/town/tower itself.

Ahh yes ... the good ol Monty Haul days ... tho' I have a feeling the rewrites will be far more balanced nowadays ... it will be interesting to see how many players actually figure out that they can convert all or part of the modules into a base of operation after all the nasties have been cleared out.

Post subject: Re: PDF?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:17 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

vogless wrote:
Will the JG modules make it to PDF?

Eventually, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:53 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

WereSteve wrote:
robertsconley wrote:

Ahh yes ... the good ol Monty Haul days ... tho' I have a feeling the rewrites will be far more balanced nowadays ... it will be interesting to see how many players actually figure out that they can convert all or part of the modules into a base of operation after all the nasties have been cleared out.

Lets see, my group has kept the "Mysterious Tower" as a base of operations, and are leaving their options open for using the Palace of Shadows in the future (A C&C DCC).

Thinking back on it my groups frequently use places they "cleaned out" as bases of operation, even when I ran 3E for 5 years.

So my opinion is that kind of behaviour depends on the way the group plays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:38 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I think in those circumstances... when the PC's clear out a place to establish a base of operations, you need at least one adventure (or series of them) where others will try and clear THEM out!

A Base of Operations adventure where they find themselves under siege or invaded has GOT to have some potential!!

Moriarty the Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

It has a lot of potential, which is why they haven't even taken over the Palace of Shadows, just left it. They found out beofre deciding to "keep it" that the guy they killed at the end and who melted into water was a simulcarum.

By telling the spells that were cast at them to the "Sage" the sage told them that the creator of the simulacrum had to be an Archmage.

Considering that they are 8th to 10th level they have been staying away and even keeping a low profile in case he is looking for them via scrying and such.

They know the Arch Mage is alive, becasue they found out the reason his tower is vacant is because he is now occupying the throne of the North Kingdom that he usurped via some slick maneuvering.

Lots of potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:48 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

Treebore wrote:
They know the Arch Mage is alive, becasue they found out the reason his tower is vacant is because he is now occupying the throne of the North Kingdom that he usurped via some slick maneuvering.

Lots of potential.

Oh, if you only knew.... but THAT is a tale for another time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:21 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

BASH MAN wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Lots of potential.

Oh, if you only knew.... but THAT is a tale for another time....

Then you need to hurry up and write it, because after I am done with the "Against the Giants" series, and they are now starting the Frost Giant portion, I am going back to this story line.

I can either do my version, or yours, by my either buying it or playtesting it for you.

Post subject: All I want for Christmas is from Judges Guild/Goodman Games
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

That's right:

Scan the web, read the comments: The Goodman Games/Judges Guild series of updated classics is making a lot of gamers (new school and old school) very happy. Whether you want to bring the Wilderlands Boxed Set to life (many say it's the greatest adventure setting ever published), or just want to add some fun and unique adventures into your existing campaign (home-brew, WotC, C&C, doesn't matter), round out your Christmas list with the trifecta:

http://www.goodman-games.com/preview-JG.php

These will be a great challenge for your established players and their characters, and will spawn dozens of additional ideas for furthering your campaign.

Good stuff!